Where to get the 1" X 1/2 " 16 gauge hardware cloth

patrolman490

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
None of the Lowe's or Home Depots in my area carry the 1 " X 1/2 " 16 gauge hardware cloth. Any thoughts or will I have to order it?

Also is this the right stuff to use to line my new run?

Thanks in advance

My Lowes did carry the hardware cloth...........What area of the country are you in??? b4 I offer to ship some to ya..........

I'm in Massachusetts, I have heard that the lower the gauge the better, so I'm looking for for 14, any idea what it costs?

Try the Louis E. Page company. This is where I get the majority of my fencing. They are located in Littleton, MA.
http://www.louispage.com/home-0/

My large (8'x16' and 10'x17') runs (7 & 6 years old now) are made out of the 20 gauge, 1" black vinyl coated hex mesh, 60"x150' - SKU: HXVC160B (From the home page look under netting/vinyl coated) to find it. I just bought another roll for around $235 or so, however I'm going to use if for yard fencing though as it really isn't safe enough (IMHO) for predator proof runs. I've never had an attack, but I know it's just a matter of time. Now any runs I build are much smaller and are built with the 1/2" x 1/2" HW cloth. No worries with the new ones.

Last year I bought a 150' roll of 48" hardware cloth from Louis E. Page. Can't remember the price but it doesn't matter, their prices change almost weekly. You've got to call to get a current price
hmm.png
. From the home page look under Mesh/galvanized after and scroll down about 3/4 of the page to find the HW cloth.

Don't know where you live in MA, but it's probably worth the price to drive there and pick some up. It's kinda a dumpy place but the employees are very nice and they've got a display showing all the fencing available.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom