where to go for plus size clothing? help me please **UPDATE#34**

Dress barn! They have dressy stuff and jeans and t's.

CJ banks...has online ordering now
smile.png

I buy all my clothing on line, www.onestopplus.com They have several catalog companies on one website. And their clothes are for the most part very much cut to fit a larger woman, not just skinny clothes made bigger. If you sign up for their emails you get coupons all the time, I never pay full price.

I like Fashion Bug the most. But that is prob because I can go in and get a $40 shirt for under $20. I never leave the clearance racks. They also send out good coupons. you can sign up for the online coupons.

I'd have to say Lane Bryant.

I only know this because I was stuck wandering the mall with my old girlfriend, searching for something she could wear to a wedding. In desparation, I pointed out a Lane Bryant, because we hadn't been in there yet, and we'd been in every clothing store twice. She darn near killed me for that suggestion. I had no idea it was a plus-size store.
lol.png

Lane Bryant has all sorts of sizes, and quite tasteful without being 'old' IMO. (well, ok, some is 'old lady stuff' but not all.) I'm not small at all, and since I'm not a teenager either, I struggle with finding the right balance. I don't want granny gear, (though I could be one! LOL ) but I don't want to look like I"m trying to be a kid either.

My worst problem is shoes. I have some big ol' feet, though, since I'm also very tall, I joke about the fact that "If I had little feet, I'd tip over!"

I guess my point is, get some basics, that you can dress up or down, or can funk it up a little too, splash with color or some cool jewelry! Find what you are comfortable in, and go have fun! Better you go and decide it wasn't worth it, than NOT go and always wonder! ...I usually find a way to enjoy myself!
wink.png
I'll bet you can too!

Oh, and for any tall ladies out there, this is a great place with good solid basics, and good customer service. I only had one problem with a pair of pants, and when I called about it, they sent me new ones before I even sent back the damaged ones! http://www.tallwomensclothes.com/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom