where to go for plus size clothing? help me please **UPDATE#34**

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
I am being dragged to my graduation... and i need something to wear..

1) I hate shopping I am a jeans and "T" shirt kind of gal
2) I have NO fashion sense what so ever
3) I am a plus size gal

so there are my 3 hurdles

I was thinking about going stateside and shopping today but \\i have no idea where to go. Here in Canada we have like 5 stores that I know of for nice plus size clothing. you know the stuff that hangs right on a larger person.
1)Penningtons
2)Reitmens
3) Additionelle
4)Walmart
5) Old Navy

Well the top 3 I named are all owned by the same parent company (Reitmens) so they all carry the same line of clothes just priced differently. No kidding I went into all 3 stores and looked at the same pair of pants and each store was priced differently

Can anyone give me the name of some American companies that carry plus size clothing

I was thinking about going to the outlet mall off of military road in Buffalo today and maybe in fort Erie but i dont know the names of shops that carry what I am looking for

I want something not to dressy something that I can go to grad and also to classy restaurant. not ball gown but not jeans either dressy casual...

any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
here in america more people are obese than not, we are the global home of plus size clothing. There's really no stores that dont have a plus size. Except maybe the teen shops- express, NY&co and H&M, but honestly, any other place has plus size. And lots of it.

Come on down and hit a mall, you'll find something.

Fashion Bug
Lane Bryant
Both pretty good stores for us fatties.
tongue.png

Quote:
gig.gif
ya kill me...lol

when i have been shopping this week its been like shopping for my mom...everything seems to be catering to the "(clears throat not wanting to offend anyone)" older crowd like for my mom

Dots has a Dots Plus store, too.

if you have consignment stores you might try those - it'll be used, but if it is fancier dress it would be gently used, probably.

I found a fabulous outfit for my son's graduation (the first kid to graduate) at a consignment shop - it was a 100+ dollar outfit that I paid 30 bucks for.

meri

ok i am gonna sound stupid here but what else is new

what is:
the bon ton?
what do they sell?
expensive?

this seems to be an anchor store for a lot of malls

Back
Top Bottom