where to go for plus size clothing? help me please **UPDATE#34**

Quote:
Forgive me as I do not mean to be unkind but if out of 4 stores you found nothing, it wasn't about the stores, the clothing, the sales people...it was about how you feel about yourself. Beautiful comes in many shapes and sizes and I think many of us forget that, especially when we look in the mirror. If you do the surgery, do it for you and know that it isn't a magic fix. My friend had it done, lost over 100 lbs., suffers from hernias and ulcers now (never did before) and says she STILL has food issues.
hugs.gif
I hope you find what you are looking for hun. Both in and out of the store.
love.gif

I have to disagree...
JC Penny: it was older stuff I am sorry I am not 60 I am 35 I dont want to wear the same thing as my 60 yr old mother
Macys: was ok but nothing jumped out and grabbed me again 60 yr olds or 40 yr old cougars trying to be "hot" wearing a red sequince shirt and tinfoil pants or even better still pants with the elastis waistband... yummy... i dont need them to fit over my depends thanks but NO..lol
Lane and Bryant:
love.gif
BUT the stuff I liked was not available in my size either way to big or way to small my size seems to be very popular I loved this store but if I was looking for casual clothing i would have been in heaven i could have maxed my CC there but for what I was looking for "casual dressy" they had a TON...just not in my size the 18/20 is a very popular size ans very scarce if i could have worn a 22/24 i would have ha a very different message
Torrid: left there in tears the sales lady knew squat and made me feel worse about my size I am sorry but this is not the 80's and Duran Duran is not hot and I will not wear leggings and a baggy sweater with a belt cinching at the waist can i tell you how unflattering this look is?. I will tell you though the Torrid website is totally different and i love their site hate the closest store..

What I've just discovered with Lane Bryant is that if they don't have what you want in the store they'll mail it to you! Just had my first delivery arrive. In your case I think if you'd have wanted a teal dress and they only had your size in yellow you could try the yellow on and if it worked, have them mail you the teal one. I did that with a pair of pants. They had a great sale on pants that I liked but didn't have them in the petite size. I tried the average and had them mail me the petite. Yes, it cost $6.00 postage but the pants were 50% off and they still gave me the sale price.

ah size 18-20 that is the most popular size at least it is here as well (my sister is that size so I know first hand that it is usually the first size to sell out. )

If you found some stuff you like there and can get a reasonable idea on what it will look like by trying on the larger size I say either make them order the right size of the things you like and have them brought to the store, or right down the style number and order them online.

is there another Lane Bryant around or is that the only one?

also ask them when the new stuff gets is so that you may plan to get there then and snag all the 18-20 sizes when they first arrive.

ETA you should not miss out on all the fun stuff just because of some lame stores and bad clothes. Don't let fashion dictate the fun you can have. I understand it can be very depressing and frustrating, give yourself a few days to relax and then go back to Lane Bryant with a determination to figure out what you like and how to get it.

PS they make these button down shirts (always have them although the colors change through out the seasons) that are collared and usually have a nice shine to them making them more of a dressy type of top. My sister pairs them up with nice black pants, and leaves the top few buttons open, giving great cleavage, is very flattering, and can be worn just about anywhere. She has a shiny red colored one she wears to holiday stuff and likes them very much
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes unfortunately it is the only one around for like 100 KMS lol i live in canada and i went to buffalo for shopping because the is next to nothing for clothes here in canada for ++ size

I do feel your pain. I'm 39 (almost 40) and in that same size range. I HATE clothes shopping (shoe shopping is a whole other story!
tongue.png
). The only place I ever enjoy the experience is at CJ Banks. My local store is staffed by caring, educated women who are also plus size (so they understand). Their clothes runs the spectrum from stuff my mom would wear to really fun casual stuff. I am now shopping there fairly exclusively and it is all comfortable and attractive. I'm still a big girl, but at least now I don't look like an old lady or a tramp!
smile.png

I have found their prices to be great and the clothes of really good quality. The selection in the stores changes regularly so I always find something.
They have an online version of the store. I've never shopped there online but my sister has. A good experience all around.

Good luck. I totally understand the frustration and upset. It totally stinks being fat in our society. Try dating at age 39 and size 20. It pretty much doesn't happen. Sigh.

Go look online and find something fabulous. Don't let yourself miss out on life just because of clothes. You are a fabulous person no matter what you wear!
smile.png

Torrid..

Rickis goes up to a size 18

But seriously, Torrid has shops stateside and some nice stuff. You can also order online and their delivery is fairly quick.

And for the record... I'm a 16/18 (I'm stuck between sizes -_- I lost a bunch of weight and I'm like a 17 but of course no one sells 17's LOL).

I find Ricki's things very forgiving, their "Greatest pant" is amazing and I wear it to work at Chapters.

I also own their high waisted black pencil skirt, very nice.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am loving Torrid online...
i would jump for joy if i would get into a size 18...

my problem is i am 18\\20 top and a 20/22 (sometimes even a 24) bottom

Do you have a Maurices where you live? They have beautiful selection of clothes, which can serve as dressy or casual depending on how you wear them. While it does tend to be a younger store, there are tons of things in there that would look awesome on anyone. If you have one, you should check it out. They have a plus size section in the store that goes all the way up to like size 28.

nope not here +gals have 5 choices and 3 of them are owned by the same company so they carry all the same thing

try Just my size, JMS.com Blair.com or google plus size clothes. I buy online when ever I need clothes. Just know you size.- go try on stuff if you don't know it first.

I will also vote for Lane Bryant. I order almost strictly from their website now and always get my shipment within 2 days. Huge discounts if you are a repeat buyer. They are constantly sending me $50-75 off coupons and $30 cashback award bonuses to be redeemed in the store. I absolutely love their 'right fit' system. Its on the website and all you do is punch in the measurements and they have custom made styles to fit you. I have an extremely hard time finding stuff to fit. I have an extreme hourglass shape....big on top, tiny waist, and big butt. I will also have to add that most of their pants run long. I'm 6'0 tall and the last 3 pair I bought had to be hemmed up by about 3-4".

As for the rest, I believe its all about attitude. If you take care of yourself you won't have a problem. Keep your hair and makeup neat. The most important part is to get rid of that 'poor old me' attitude and start loving who you are. Not all guys are into the stick thin gals. I am 33 years old and after a couple of dislocated hips due to my horses, I am up to a size 26. I have more guys in my phonebook now than I can manage. Some guys truly love curves to hold on to.

Back
Top Bottom