Where were you when the world stopped turning? Remembering 9.11.2001

I had a 2 week old baby and a sick 2 year old. My husband had worked swing shift the night before and we're west coast. So, we were sleeping. The phone rang, we let the machine get it and listened to "some crazy old woman" (later found out it was my dad's mom--oops!) ramble about a bombing on the East Coast. Figured it was some whack job, back to sleep. We had no television so didn't really get the impact until later in the day, getting on line. Honey went into work and I remember nursing my baby, searching on line for some why, some reason, with this complete sense of unreality. The Red Cross put out a call for blood and I called my midwife to see if I could donate since I hadn't lost hardly any blood with the delivery, but she didn't want me to.

The little gas station in our podunk town immediately hiked the price to something like $5 a gallon, and I remember folks were filling up! That station later got boycotted if I remember right and I think went out of business. Overall, my life was pretty un-affected............no friends or family lost, no day to day effect...........but that sense of surrealism continued. And that's when I started prepping.

I was working at home in England and happened to turn on the TV ready to watch the news at the same time the live coverage began. It was a shocking spectacle. I have to wonder what the WWII London Blitz coverage would have been had the same TV technology been available at the time. The Blitz went on for 9 months and cost 30,000 Londoners their lives and 50,000 injured.

I'm surprised that no-one has yet mentioned the happenings in Libya and Egypt on 11 September this year.

I was laying in bed half awake listening to the news. I thought it was a small cessna that hit the tower because of the poor footage. I kept listening and eventually they confirmed it was a large plane and there was a fire. Then the other plane hit the other building and I said "oh ****" this is bad. I actully met a woman that worked in one of the buildings and she was late that day... she said she worked in building A above where the plane hit.

I was working at home in England and happened to turn on the TV ready to watch the news at the same time the live coverage began. It was a shocking spectacle. I have to wonder what the WWII London Blitz coverage would have been had the same TV technology been available at the time. The Blitz went on for 9 months and cost 30,000 Londoners their lives and 50,000 injured.

I'm surprised that no-one has yet mentioned the happenings in Libya and Egypt on 11 September this year.
It is all over the news here.

Frankly, I am glad that the 'dang news' regreens our memory about this incident and the very real threat of terrorism. We should never forget these innocent victims and heroes and the plain and simple fact that this can happen again.
It stirs up bad/sad memories for those whom lost loved ones.

Here also.

Sure! Everywhere I expect. But no comments here about it, it's implication or the timing of the attack in Libya that cost four American lives.

There's something I'm not clear about. The building attacked in Benghazi was describes at first as a 'Consulate' . Why was an Ambassador based at a Consulate? I've never heard of that before.

I was at work when the news of the first plane hitting was announced. One of the people that lived near the office ran home and brought back a portable tv. We got it up and running in the break room just in time to see the second plane hit.

The current killings just goes to show, these radicals are not done and are not gone.

As far as all the news about 9/11. Its no different than Pearl Harbor. But at least Pearl Harbor was a military attack upon a military target. 9/11 and the current attacks were against civilians. These radicals see no difference.

However, we best stay on the topic. Would not want this topic to be closed.

Back
Top Bottom