Where were you when the world stopped turning? Remembering 9.11.2001

It stirs up bad/sad memories for those whom lost loved ones.
Honey, those memories are always there. Not talking about it doesn't make them go away. Remembering is healthy, if painful. It's also good for survivors to know their loved ones aren't forgotten.

The current killings just goes to show, these radicals are not done and are not gone.

As far as all the news about 9/11. Its no different than Pearl Harbor. But at least Pearl Harbor was a military attack upon a military target. 9/11 and the current attacks were against civilians. These radicals see no difference.

However, we best stay on the topic. Would not want this topic to be closed.

'These radicals' are not the only ones to target civilians. They don't have a monopoly on such atrocities by any means.

I was 12 years old, and was homeschooled with 8 siblings. My mom and I was reading in my room in the doublewide as our house was being built after we lost our house to a fire the year before. My mom was 7 months along for our youngest sister at the time of the house fire. My siblings were messing with the t.v in the living room, when my oldest brother saw the news about the WTC, and yelled for my mom's attention. It was sobering that day. I remember like it was yesterday. And remember looking at the sky, it was very blue and warm and beautiful. We live out in the country, so we don't have a heavy air traffic, but the sky seems empty that day.

I was in my office watching it all happen on CNN on my computer... since I was in facility services, we were called to open up the large conference room and they called a company meeting. The first and only time they shut our business down and said this is a time best spent with your families.

You're right farmer, it was mighty quite in the country that day.

I was working at home in England and happened to turn on the TV ready to watch the news at the same time the live coverage began. It was a shocking spectacle. I have to wonder what the WWII London Blitz coverage would have been had the same TV technology been available at the time. The Blitz went on for 9 months and cost 30,000 Londoners their lives and 50,000 injured.

I'm surprised that no-one has yet mentioned the happenings in Libya and Egypt on 11 September this year.

I have a feeling a thread on this topic would be shut down....... most of the people I've talked to about this....... are pretty angry and becoming, less tolerant of their intolerance. It would not be a pretty thread.

I have a feeling a thread on this topic would be shut down....... most of the people I've talked to about this....... are pretty angry and becoming, less tolerant of their intolerance. It would not be a pretty thread.

It's not a pretty subject. Are you afraid to discuss it?

I have a feeling a thread on this topic would be shut down....... most of the people I've talked to about this....... are pretty angry and becoming, less tolerant of their intolerance.   It would not be a pretty thread.

It's not a pretty subject. Are you afraid to discuss it?

We are just mad and angry that our government had known of the attack 48 hours before it had happened, but did nothing, and it had costed lives. :rant :mad: Time to take back our country!!! Ok, 'nuff said before the thread get shut down.

Back
Top Bottom