Where's the best place to set up a incubator?

850Quailman

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
Cantonment Florida
I've been wondering what would be the best option as to where to set up a incubator; a open room, a closet, a cabinet, etc... Right now I have mine set up in a spare room and was wondering if putting it in the closet or a cabinet would be a better option??

I have always ran mine in a spare bedroom or my living room. To tell ya true I really enjoy just "check'n" it as I walk by.... I know Moby ran his foam bator in a closet for a while years ago. Dont know that he improved the hatch rates thou.... He did tape it shut and made a difference. Added water thru a short piece of tube if I remember right.....

Last edited:
Thanks that's a good idea been wondering what was the most efficient way to add water to the bottom. I also have some sponges I can add when I get close to "lockdown" still testing before I actually get the eggs, I'll try the tape seems like I'm slowly getting all the kinks out! Thanks again for the reply!

I have always ran mine in a spare bedroom or my living room. To tell ya true I really enjoy just "check'n" it as I walk by.... I know Moby ran his foam bator in a closet for a while years ago. Dont know that he improved the hatch rates thou.... He did tape it shut and made a difference. Added water thru a short piece of tube if I remember right.....

^^^^^ This is TRUE addiction! ^^^^^^
lol.png

Just make sure you incubate in a room with no drafts. No doors to the outside near your incubator or AC. Too much moving air will effect the temp and humidity levels.

Good luck with hatching!

Back
Top Bottom