Wheres the fluff?

FLITZ

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 9, 2012
No fluff at all on the neck and back of the chicks head

I had some mixed breed eggs in the bator. I'm not really sure what cross breeds.

I think my bator temps were a little low so i'm not sure if it may have caused this.. I have had 4 chicks hatch bald..no fluff at all on the back of the head and the entire neck... I even had a bantam egg hatch this way.. well I assume its a bantam because the person i got eggs from had two hen and one roo bantam and the egg was small.

Why are they hatching with no fluff on the back of the head all the way down the neck? will they die soon?

I'm a little new to this also, but one of the brown eggs that hatched. The chick looks like it could be a EE chick. Do you think the daddy rooster could have been a EE and the hen a brown egg layer?

I had some problems with temps during incubation. Also The person I got the eggs from seemed to have had a mix of chickens that were all mutts.

When I picked up the eggs I did notice one of her birds were missing the neck feathers, I was just thinking it was being picked on or was molting IDK

yes they just hatched but when I say no fluff I mean they are totally bald on the neck and back of head

They sound like a Naked Neck (AKA Turken).

Here is a picture. Please note this is not my picture, but rather one I found on the internet for an example.

THATS IT!

they must be a turken.

one came from a really small egg. I was thinking maybe it was a bantam egg..but..idk
the chick is really small.

I need to post some picks.. odd mix of eggs I picked up it seems.

I wasn't going to keep any of these chicks..but now...i dont know.... i may have to keep some because the are so odd looking...ugly.. errr .. i mean cute

When they hatched i was thinking that they weren't developed fully. . shows how much i know.

Crap... i have way way too many chickens now....and now I know i'm going to have to keep at least the tiny one that hatched...grrrr and then I'll have to keep a couple friends for it....
he.gif
he.gif
th.gif

THATS IT!

they must be a turken.

one came from a really small egg. I was thinking maybe it was a bantam egg..but..idk
the chick is really small.

I need to post some picks.. odd mix of eggs I picked up it seems.

I wasn't going to keep any of these chicks..but now...i dont know.... i may have to keep some because the are so odd looking...ugly.. errr .. i mean cute

When they hatched i was thinking that they weren't developed fully. . shows how much i know.

Crap... i have way way too many chickens now....and now I know i'm going to have to keep at least the tiny one that hatched...grrrr and then I'll have to keep a couple friends for it....
he.gif
he.gif
th.gif

Take some pics maybe that eggs was a showgirl egg does the small chick that hatched out of the egg has fethered feet??

Back
Top Bottom