Where's the weirdest place your hen ever laid?

We got 4 lovely green eggs from a flighty EE, and all of a sudden nothing. So I feared she was egg bound, and I cornered her and put her in my arm and I remember her clucking wildly as we looked into each others eyes, and I felt her heave in my arms, heard an egg bounce to the ground. The egg did not break and she let out her egg song in my arm, and I pulled her beard and told her she was a tease, and put her back in the run. I have physically thrown the eggs the girls give and they will bounce and not break, poopy ones, I have to go into the run and step on them on with my boot to get them to break. So my weirdest egg laying was from a flighty chicken held in my arm.

In my CAR

268401_2178335427273_1513518073_2298923_6880685_n.jpg

282405_2234780558366_1513518073_2376563_4463083_n.jpg

not so much where they laid but where they didn't: I teach at an art school and brought our three girls to a ceramics class for students to work from.
They were oddly clucking and trying to escape the pen we set up; I couldn't figure out why they were so unhappy...thought maybe too many eyes on them. when I got them home and let them out of the car/carrier, all tnree RAN to the coop, up the ladder and into the nestboxes, elbowing the others away and we got 3 eggs in about 30 seconds. poor things were "holding it".

Ha ha these are GREAT! I love the car, especially the photos. And the one in the arms, hilarious! And mailboxes! And trash bins! And feed bins! And dust baths, and doorways...

Keep them coming, this is fantastic.
lol.png

I love the pics! So far, mine haven't really laid anywhere strange. We got a new hen at a flea market a few weeks ago though and she laid an egg the first night that we had her right on the ground in the holding pen (dog pen) that I had her in. While I knew she was old enough to lay, I figured that she had probably had a stressful day being in the hot sun at the flea market in a little wire cage with no food or water (Do you see now why I HAD to buy her???) that she wouldn't lay eggs for a few days. I guess she already had that one "prepared" and had to lay it. It was a week or so before she laid again.

Thanks for sharing the hilarious pictures!!

This morning cleaning out the cow's box stall I found an egg. Buried under the hay. How my ginormous pushy Holstein didn't destroy it is beyond me. Also found an egg inside the ladies feeder.

Back
Top Bottom