Where's the weirdest place your hen ever laid?

poseygrace

Songster
8 Years
Apr 29, 2011
Georgia
Sunday I was sitting with my girls having a quiet moment, and I noticed my SLW acting strange, like she wanted to lay but didn't know where. I watched her jump onto the top of the outside of the nest box, then onto the window-mounted A/C unit on the shed about 10 ft away. From there, she jumped onto the roof of the coop, about 8 ft up. But sister wasn't done yet! She jumped from there to the top of the shed, about 15 ft of the ground. So she was zig-zagging up the buildings! It's a pitched roof, so she went to the top, where a branch had fallen and leaves had collected. There she laid an egg! I had to get my hubby's 16 ft ladder to get it. She hasn't done it since. Crazy! I'd love to hear others.
big_smile.png

I have one silkie hen that always lays an egg smack dab in the middle of the doorway to the chicken house. It's like she's sending me a message....."Don't miss MY egg."

I have one girl who has decided the dust bath is her personal nesting box... so her eggs are the ones covered in dirt and fireplace ashes...lol

Back
Top Bottom