whew!

mgibbzzz

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Somerset, OH
Boy, I guess I got lucky. The wind that came thru this weekend from Ike really got us clear up here. Our power went out early Sunday, but no one got hurt. The only problems we had was everything is gone in the fridge and freezer. Don't know what to do with all of my eggs. DS says it is 'like livin in the olden days'! Hard because we have a well, and now have to buy water for us and the animals. Glad that I didn't put big momma's eggs in an incubator! But we are making due.

Others in the area aren't so lucky. Trees and power lines are down everywhere. We are told that our power won't be back on for 7-10 days. Nice. My parents have a bunch of huge maples in thier yard and one just missed the house.Scare mom half to death. A friend wasn't so lucky. He and his son were riding 4-wheelers down from his house to the neighbors and a large tree fell on him. His son was lucky enough to only run into it. They couldn't fly him to the hospital because winds were about 55mph and it was unsafe. He is in a truama center in a coma and doesn't look very well. His son is pretty shook up obviously, but is ok. Ike has cause distruction clear upinto the ohio valley. Hope we don't get anymore storms like that in a long time.

Michelle

DMK Ranch

Saying prayers for your friend, please you and your's try to stay safe.

Eat your eggs in the olden days they sat on the counter till used some BYC's still do this unless the weather is really hot.

Praying for you all.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he recovers quickly.
We had quite the windstorms up here as well - lots of free firewood by the side of the road!
tongue.png

Yeah, that is what my dad said about the tree falling. Guess I won't have to worry about geting firewood! There are about 500,000 people just from the one power company in five counties. There are only a handful of people in my area that have gotten power back. I thought about setting the fire up and pickling eggs & canning them so that they won't go bad. I usually get around 20 a day now that the days are starting to get shorter. If nothing else, i guess that I can give the dogs a treat. They usually get the cracked eggs out of the nest and love them. Thanks for the prayers. He will need all that he can get. They had to remove part of his skull and found a blood clot. He still has a lot of swelling and is still in a coma.

Michelle

DMK Ranch

Back
Top Bottom