Which breed is it?

Tapmafs

Hatching
May 15, 2018
Screenshot_2018-05-15-06-25-44-1.png
I bought ISA brown chicks from a local supplier.He said the girls will turn brown amd cockerels will turn white.Its now seven weeks and the whole flock is white with some brown patches.What breed is it.?.Are they all cockerels.?..If its a different breed what colour of eggs do they lay?

you can tell the colour of egg by looking at the ear holes and ear lobes if the the ear area is white then they will lay white eggs ,if red then they will lay brown eggs ,if ear area is of different colour then this then it will lay easter eggs i meant blue,black,green or any other colour well welcome to byc:welcome:thumbsup

Isa browns are red sex links, and can be sexed at day old (females are red, males silver). I suspect that you may have crosses from these hens to a solid cockerel. This chick doesn't look silver, it looks like a gold bird with single factor dominant white covering all the black pigment.

Is that a pea comb I see? If so maybe an EE of sorts?

At any rate, at seven weeks I would expect to see a lot more comb and wattle growth in a male, and red across the back, rather than lower in the wing. That looks like a pullet to me.

Back
Top Bottom