Which Breed Of Hen Is Most Aggressive While Sitting On Eggs?

Have An Angry Broody Hen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only our bantam wyandottes peck at us (they are nasty). Our little OEGBs just scream like little velociraptors and look at us with disbelief if we remove eggs from under them, but they've never pecked us. Our orpingtons aren't too bad when they are broody either.

Only our bantam wyandottes peck at us (they are nasty). Our little OEGBs just scream like little velociraptors and look at us with disbelief if we remove eggs from under them, but they've never pecked us. Our orpingtons aren't too bad when they are broody either.

My Barred Rocks are very broody and they peck at me when I reach to get eggs and since I have big nests and the ALPHA HEN (which is unfortunately an Australorp) sits in one of them, she puffs up and flies at me...😖

They also make an angry cluck sound and start growling, if you manage to take an egg, they will chase you out of the henhouse!

I had 5 of mine go broody this past summer: 2 Blue Double Laced Barnevelder's, and 3 Naked Neck's. They pecked and growled at everything that came near them. I used a stick to raise them up and maneuver the head's away so that I could take the egg's. I ended up putting them in broody jail. I hatch my eggs in an incubator when I want to have chick's.

I had 5 of mine go broody this past summer: 2 Blue Double Laced Barnevelder's, and 3 Naked Neck's. They pecked and growled at everything that came near them. I used a stick to raise them up and maneuver the head's away so that I could take the egg's. I ended up putting them in broody jail. I hatch my eggs in an incubator when I want to have chick's.

!

Back
Top Bottom