Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was driving in my car over the summer with the windows down. At a red light, car next to me had their windows down too. And the bluetooth over their speakers was so loud, I could clearly hear what the person on the other end of the line was saying. So I started responding. "No, grandma's fine, I just talked to her." Silence. "Yes, you should call her, she misses you." Silence. The guy finally rolled his windows up

i stream everything. it’s been a few years since we got rid of cable.

watched the game tonight on the fox sports app.
I don't have that app. I'm not even sure what's on there anymore. And our internet up here in the woods is truly awful, so it drops the signal regularly. I have only watched a handful of any sporting events in all of 2022. Hearing y'all talk about it makes me want to put forth more of an effort.

I must confess that I find everyone a bit intimidating. I have relied upon this site, for the past seven years, for help with my flocks illnesses and injuries. I used to be far more involved, with other parts of the site. But, (and this is likely just me, as I have wrestled with some mental, and personality, issues, for ... ever.) I found that I was dreading getting responses and feedback on my posts. My birds are nearly as dear to me as family members. Certainly, their motives and behavior are easier for me to grasp. So, when people would be highly, and openly, judgmental, as they sometimes can be, of my stewardship of my flock, it would really crush me. I realize that this is my own problem, which us why I never raised the issue. But, over time, I just found that participation was too risky for me. I feel badly, like I am taking unfair advantage of this resource, only coming when I am at a loss, and need help. I always try, at such times to contribute where I can, to other posts. But, really, it is so difficult to discern the "tone" of comments. I suppose that, to folks who are here, participating, regularly, my questions may seem tedious, and probably duplicative of posts tjs

I must confess that I find everyone a bit intimidating. I have relied upon this site, for the past seven years, for help with my flocks illnesses and injuries. I used to be far more involved, with other parts of the site. But, (and this is likely just me, as I have wrestled with some mental, and personality, issues, for ... ever.) I found that I was dreading getting responses and feedback on my posts. My birds are nearly as dear to me as family members. Certainly, their motives and behavior are easier for me to grasp. So, when people would be highly, and openly, judgmental, as they sometimes can be, of my stewardship of my flock, it would really crush me. I realize that this is my own problem, which us why I never raised the issue. But, over time, I just found that participation was too risky for me. I feel badly, like I am taking unfair advantage of this resource, only coming when I am at a loss, and need help. I always try, at such times to contribute where I can, to other posts. But, really, it is so difficult to discern the "tone" of comments. I suppose that, to folks who are here, participating, regularly, my questions may seem tedious, and probably duplicative of posts tjs
Shoot... We all learned at some time or another. This site is for taking advantage of. I've never found anyone's questions tedious. I'm sorry if you've felt that way. I say ignore the grumpy folks! All are welcome here!

Except trolls. Trolls aren't welcome here.

Oops. Hit post too soon. At any rate, I am sure that I cannot be the only overly-sensitive soul out there. I miss being a part of the day-to-day here, but, I agonize over a remarkable for months. Seriously. So, yeah. You all terrify me, usually. Sorry. Thanks for asking the question though!!!

I'm referring to how much of a pain in the ass it is to use the public bathroom while wearing a winter coat. Woman's restrooms very rarely have hooks in the stalls, even though most of us carry purses and could use the hooks
Reminds me of a story (OH No, Not again!) In 2004 we were evacuating for Hurricane Ivan. It eventually gobsmacked Fort Walton, FL but it looked like it was heading for the LA/MS coast.
We were leaving when we got a call from SIL saying to take the Eastern route I-10E as she had just went that way and it was clear sailing. What a difference an hour makes. It took us 12 hours to travel 12 miles (open marsh or water) in two cars with 2 adults, a 1 YO and 3 cats.
When we got to the North Shore, EVERYONE had pulled into the first convenience store for gas, snacks and 'relief'. I'm told that while the Men's line was long, the Ladies line was 'out the door'. DW assessed the situation and announced to every one, "I'm a nurse and I've seen all kinds. Most of you guys can go behind the dumpster out back." As she switched lines.
The poor store attendant announced in broken English "Anyone can use any line." (realizing that the riot squad would be weeks away.)
Four more hours and 50 miles later, we made it to the deer camp and Memphis the next day. But THAT's a story for a another day.

Last edited:
haha amazing

we had nextel phones back in the day that would do the same thing

we’d be chirping each other in high school and whoever forgot to mute their phone in their backpack was in for a long day.
Last time I talked on a nextel was when there was all the anthrax in the mail scare (2001). I was on a hazmat unit for the fire department and we got so many calls from people freaking out that communications didn't want to constantly tie up the radio with frivolous stuff so we used the nextels. Every truck had them anyway. No ma'am that's not anthrax thats powdered sugar but thanks for the concern.
We originally got the nextels cause of another concern.
The concern that the 800 band radio system and C.A.D. (computer aided dispatch) was going to go down because of something resetting or something with time stamps in the computers going from 1999 to 2000. Someone had the idea that nextels could work if our radio system went down. Everything was fine though so we used them for communication truck to truck mostly

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom