Which chicken laid this egg?

Eggscoozme

Songster
9 Years
Oct 25, 2014
Michigan
I have an assortment of chickens. One of they them lays an egg everyday, and it is 82-91g - NEVER a double yoker. How can I tell which one it is? Is that even possible to figure out? It is a medium brown color egg, and here are the possible brown egg sources:

2 Naked neck Turken
3 Buff Orpington
1 Isa Brown
1 Barred Rock
1 Red colored chicken: Production Red or Red Cross
1 Black Star
1 White Orpington

Double yolkers hapoen sometimes...the last one i got was a white egg or i wouldnt have been able to tell who layed it. You may never find out with all those goid brown layers..like featherhead said...sorry, no help lol

I'm gonna say ISA based on our experiences. We have some that rarely miss a day. And, on occasion, left wondering "how did that come out of a chicken?"

I'm gonna say ISA based on our experiences. We have some that rarely miss a day. And, on occasion, left wondering "how did that come out of a chicken?"

I hope you are right. I was thinking Isa's, too, so I bought more! :wee

Hope we're right! :fl

I asked this question, because I thought, a couple years ago, someone figured a way to be able to tell who laid what, but forgot how they did that. Oh well, I'm shooting for the Isa's! TSC says they are the egg laying machines over RIR, hands down.

Apparently you can put different coloured food dye on their vents and the eggs will have colour streaks on them. Never tried it so I’m not sure it works, but I can’t think of any harm it would cause besides being messy and a little weird haha.

Apparently you can put different coloured food dye on their vents and the eggs will have colour streaks on them. Never tried it so I’m not sure it works, but I can’t think of any harm it would cause besides being messy and a little weird haha.
I think THAT was what they did, too!

Back
Top Bottom