Which hatchery has the best Bantam Cochins?

Quote:
Illia was stating an opinion on a comment made in this thread and contributing to the topic... In a way she did answer the op's question. If you are looking for quality Cochins, it's better to buy from a breeder instead of getting dissapointed when majority of your Cochins from a hatchery have faults.

The TOPIC is, "WHICH HATCHERY HAS THE BEST BANTAM COCHINS?"

I think we all know what the question is. Answering with hatcheries don't generally have what people call "the best Cochins" is pretty valid and people are letting the op know where to get exactly what they want.

Quote:

I think we all know what the question is. Answering with hatcheries don't generally have what people call "the best Cochins" is pretty valid and people are letting the op know where to get exactly what they want.

Surely you understand that the OP asked WHICH HATCHERY, not what's your opinion on Hatchery birds?

The question is "which hatchery has the best cochins?"

Not, "where can I get the best cochins?"

I havn't gotten cochins from many different hatcheries. I got lavs and mottleds from ideal this year. The mottled are not bad, the lavs are barely cochins. lol

Last edited:
Quote:

Surely you understand that the OP asked WHICH HATCHERY, not what's your opinion on Hatchery birds?

People did say ideal but we are keeping the op's best interest at heart which are good Cochins. No hatcheries really have what she is looking for so everyone is pointing them in the right direction. Why suggest a hatchery to get Cochins from when the op won't really be satisfied?

Last edited:
Quote:

People did said ideal but we are keeping the op's best interest at heart which are good Cochins. No hatcheries really have what she is looking for so everyone is pointing them in the right direction. Why suggest a hatchery to get Cochins from when the op won't really be satisfied?

Last word.

Quote:
Illia was stating an opinion on a comment made in this thread and contributing to the topic... In a way she did answer the op's question. If you are looking for quality Cochins, it's better to buy from a breeder instead of getting dissapointed when majority of your Cochins from a hatchery have faults.

thumbsup.gif
Isn't it amazing that reading seems to be selective to most? Not to beat a dead horse and all that, but anyone who has jumped on this thread spouting the nonsense of "hatchery is not show quality" is NOT answering NOR helping the OP.

Let's go ahead and break this down in layman's terms...

It would be like someone asking, "where can I find a nice pair of shoes at the mall?"....and someone else answers "Payless or Sears". Those would be perfectly acceptable answers, right? Right.

But "others" say, "NOOOO way. Those shoes aren't good enough. You really should be after the shoes from Manolo Blahnik, where you spend an arm, a leg and your first born, because someone in the fashion world will be watching and you need to have fashionable shoes if you ever plan to walk!"

Well, sometimes people just want a decent pair of shoes at a reasonable price, that they find useful and pretty and that they can be happy with! Without the added critique from others that those shoes are subpar and they'll never make it in the fashion world. Where does that have relevance? Ya'll have completely jumped topic! Focus people!

I am so sick and tired of everyone harping on anyone that has or wants hatchery birds. Who cares? Get over it. Oh, and Illia...I've been to APA sanctioned shows where they've seriously misjudged birds...someone else commented on something similar recently on a thread we frequent, if you recall. Just another trail of assumptions (that the show in question was a County Fair/non-APA sanctioned) I've seen lately.
wink.png

Quote:

thumbsup.gif
Isn't it amazing that reading seems to be selective to most? Not to beat a dead horse and all that, but anyone who has jumped on this thread spouting the nonsense of "hatchery is not show quality" is NOT answering NOR helping the OP.

It would be like someone asking, "where can I find a nice pair of shoes at the mall?"....and someone else answers "Payless or Sears". Those would be perfectly acceptable answers, right? Right.

But "others" say, "NOOOO way. Those shoes aren't good enough. You really should be after the shoes from Manolo Blahnik, where you spend an arm, a leg and your first born, because someone in the fashion world will be watching and you need to have fashionable shoes if you ever plan to walk!"

Well, sometimes people just want a decent pair of shoes at a reasonable price, that they find useful and pretty and that they can be happy with! Without the added critique from others that those shoes are subpar and they'll never make it in the fashion world. Where does that have relevance? Ya'll have completely jumped topic! Focus people!

I am so sick and tired of everyone harping on anyone that has or wants hatchery birds. Who cares? Get over it. Oh, and Illia...I've been to APA sanctioned shows where they've seriously misjudged birds...someone else commented on something similar recently on a thread we frequent, if you recall. Just another trail of assumptions (that the show in question was a County Fair/non-APA sanctioned) I've seen lately.
wink.png

If the OP wanted good Cochins assuming good quality then a hatchery would not be good enough. It's more like looking for wedding shoes at wal mart. Nothing is wrong with walmart shoes but they don't really have wedding shoes, do they? It's not really completely jumping topic because now the op knows where to get good quality Cochins and where to get lovely pets..

Again, I am not harping on anyone who wants or has hatchery birds. Ive had them for years. If someone said what's the best breeder to get pet Cochins, I would suggest going to a hatchery. I have nothing against them.

Last edited:
Quote:
thumbsup.gif

wink.png

If the OP wanted good Cochins assuming good quality then a hatchery would not be good enough. It's more like looking for wedding shoes at wal mart. Nothing is wrong with walmart shoes but they don't really have wedding shoes, do they? It's not really completely jumping topic because now the op knows where to get good quality Cochins and where to get lovely pets..

Again, I am not harping on anyone who wants or has hatchery birds. Ive had them for years. If someone said what's the best breeder to get pet Cochins, I would suggest going to a hatchery. I have nothing against them.

You know the old adage when you "assume"?..................
hmm.png
And who's getting married? Again, it never ceases to amaze me how the most basic scenario and basic question can be twisted.

Last edited:
I seem to not be they only one who can’t find Cochins.
barnie.gif
So two questions:

1. What is a good hatchery to find a pretty colored Cochin? I don’t need show quality here, this is a pet, and I do mean pet, I'll be happy if it lays an egg a week.
wink.png

2. What would be a good breeder to find let’s say a partridge or blue Cochin? On this one it doesn’t need to be show quality, but I want a good looking girl.
big_smile.png

Thanks much

Back
Top Bottom