Which Hatchery?

My family and I are about to make an order of chicks, which would y'all suggest ordering from?

www.mcmurrayhatchery.com

https://cacklehatchery.com

https://www.welphatchery.com

We have odered from Mcmurray before, and they were really good, but we are wanting to try something different.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.
I agree closest is best. However my last hatchery order I did strombergs as they had the bantams I wanted. The bantams are delicate. I lost a few but less than I had in the past. Kind of a crap shoot. If they use males as packing Pnuts I don’t buy from them. I would order from strombergs again. I have ordered my
Mcmurry and ideal. Mostly I try to get birds from breeders locally. If you watch the videos online of how they r shipped u would be amazed ANY survive. It’s horrid. So rarely will I order from them. Their vaccine for mareks disease is better from hatchery tho and of course sexed is nice but also harsh. Enjoy your new babies! Where do you live?

I recently ordered from Hoover's hatchery and was quite pleased with the entire experience. I have also ordered from Murray mcmurray and my healthy and been pleased.

They're all good I'm sure, otherwise they wouldn't stay in business.
I've never been shipped dead chicks.
Like others said, closer to you the better.
Dave's Garden has good reviews on hatcheries if your interested.
Besides feedmill chicks I've only ordered from Cackle and Meyers, good luck with both.
Also good luck with Sandhill, but they are not your average hatchery, must have patience. They outline everything to expect with them on their website so no surprises. I wouldn't recommend them unless your willing to be patient, they are a no kill hatchery only straight run and most birds a waiting list. They only hatch what they have orders to sell, no extra.

I agree closest is best. However my last hatchery order I did strombergs as they had the bantams I wanted. The bantams are delicate. I lost a few but less than I had in the past. Kind of a crap shoot. If they use males as packing Pnuts I don’t buy from them. I would order from strombergs again. I have ordered my
Mcmurry and ideal. Mostly I try to get birds from breeders locally. If you watch the videos online of how they r shipped u would be amazed ANY survive. It’s horrid. So rarely will I order from them. Their vaccine for mareks disease is better from hatchery tho and of course sexed is nice but also harsh. Enjoy your new babies! Where do you live?
I live around Franklin Tennessee

I've ordered MMc, and Cackle. Check to see what the ship days are. I think MMc ships on Friday now??? I'm not at all impressed with that. My Cackle shipment last spring missed every single connecting flight between there and here. Not their fault, but no matter where your chicks come from it's imperative that you be on top of your game re: communication with the hatchery, AND with USPS. I visited local PO the week before ship date, left my address, phone # with instructions to hold chicks and call me for pick up no matter what time of day/night they arrived. In spite of this, my chicks would have sat for yet one more night in a sorting facility 8 miles from my house if the post master had not been helpful in helping me find my chicks. I went to the locked down sorting facility and was blessed to find an employee in the parking lot who got me into a back shipping bay to pick them up. Otherwise, I'd have picked up a box of dead chicks the next morning.

I believe MPC drop ships from Meyer.

I've ordered MMc, and Cackle. Check to see what the ship days are. I think MMc ships on Friday now??? I'm not at all impressed with that.
They've gone back to Mondays, and I agree that's better. Though the last time I ordered from MMc it was a Friday ship date and the local sorting facility called me 9am Sunday to see if I wanted to pick them up. All 26 chicks arrived healthy and all 26 made it to adulthood.

I've also ordered from Meyer and Ideal in the past with good luck. The next time I order I plan on trying Cackle.

Back
Top Bottom