which hen laid which egg?

Mezzy Chicks

Chirping
7 Years
May 3, 2016
Wisconsin
We got our first eggs on Sept 10 - two on the first day! We've been getting one or two every other day. We have 4 different breeds. I've been searching 'egg color' charts to try to identify what I've got but the charts seem to vary widely. Some eggs have speckles in the color. Is that consistent to one breed or is that just a natural variation in the color? Eventually I do want to hatch some of these, so I would like to be able to clearly identify if eggs. Is this even possible or just crazy talk? We have Black Australorps, Barred Rock, Rhode Island Reds and Speckled Sussex. I appreciate any input! Thanks!

I have a rainbow flock and am running into the same problem when searching egg colors online. Am finally getting 2 eggs a day that are different enough to assume they are from 2 different bird. Based off of behaviour, i am guessing my Speckled Sussex and Barred Rock? (Also have BO, RIR, GLW, SFH, and BLP)

We've caught the Barred Rock's laying! We have 4 BA and we got 4 eggs in one day. The egg color varies slightly but we're going to say they're all BA eggs for now. Its so much fun to check for eggs. Does this excitement ever wear off?
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom