Which hen layed this egg? *UPDATED with yolk photo*

Eggs4Sale

Songster
10 Years
Jun 29, 2009
This is our first white egg.
The brown egg is from a Black Star and is for size comparison.
The white egg is larger than our brown eggs and it is rough-feeling, and does not have a gloss at all. This is the FIRST egg and it's HUGE!

35639_augpt2_016.jpg

35639_augpt2_021.jpg

Here is the list of our hens:

Black Star – 8
Blue Andalusians – 2
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte - 1
Buff Rock- 1
Light Brahma – 1-
White Laced Red Cornish – 1
Rhode Island Red – 1
White Faced Black Spanish – 1
White Orpington -1
White Rock – 1

I know a lot of these are brown egg layers. I also know the andalusians and white faced black spanish are white egg layers. Any more of them? What do you think? Who started laying today?????

Last edited:
i would say the andalusian? The egg chart says chalky large white eggs... being that you said it's rough makes me think that it may be the andalusian. Though it could be the spanish too. Some help that was, huh?
tongue.png

Ok my guess is the buff rock they mature faster and are the larger of the breeds you have,;)just reread your post I am wrong rocks lay brown eggs

Last edited:
I was really hoping someone out there had a white faced black Spanish or blue Andalusian and could clear this up for me.

I don't want to have to lurk around the coop at all hours of the morning!

my chickens lay nice smooth eggs then they get rough for a while, the techture changes all the time

My vote is on a double yolker as well because that thing is ginormous. We have all RIR's and at least two of them lay white eggs. Not sure why because the rest of the girls lay darker brown eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom