Which incubator would you recommend.... I

mraymond

Chirping
Apr 23, 2020
Southwest Missouri
I have searched through the threads here and narrowed down what is locally available to me to grab today. I started my eggs 4 days ago in a Kebonnixs 12 egg incubator. Before the eggs were in the humidity was great, now I can barely keep it above 45%. Was going to get a better model, have it ready, switch eggs over quickly and return the Kebonnixs, but I'm very afraid of purchasing another dud. Can anyone please give me first hand experience with the 2 listed below?

Farm Innovator Model #2450
or the
Little Giant Model #11300

I do have a TSC near me. Guess we know where I'm headed after work today. Have you used more than once and have you had any humidity issues with that model?

I just bought a second and set more eggs on the weekend. I've had 3 really good hatches in the first one. There is a thread here for the NR360.

You might want to check TSC online after setting it to your location to make sure they have it in stock.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/harris-farms-nurture-right-360?cm_vc=-10005
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0793HHZ1L/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Because my location is really humid, I use the Dry Incubation method. That means keeping the humidity around 30-40% (if it falls to 28% on an unusually dry day, I add just a little water to one of the 2 wells). Then at Day 18 boost to 70-75%. Filling both water wells makes that really easy.
I've never had a problem keeping humidity up in this incubator.

But I do want to say, if you're new to hatching, it can be easy to get set on precise targets for humidity, when really you just want to stay within ranges. Monitor the eggs and how much moisture they are loosing... whether by weight or checking the air cells at candling. I prefer the second. I pick out a few eggs with the least tint that are easiest to see inside, and use a pencil to draw the outline of the air cells while candling.

2616698-63d29a6764f7268be40aed626117a040.jpg

Back
Top Bottom