Which kidnapping case freaks you out the most?

I've always wondered about JonBenet Ramsay. It doesn't really bother me or freak me out anymore but the mystery surrounding it keeps a level of intrigue. The family was ruled out after DNA cleared them, she was not sexually assaulted. I just wish we knew what happened. Just seems whoever did it knew the family as was shown in the ransom note, demanding the exact amount of money the father made in a recent bonus. Maybe the family was even in on it? We'll never know.

Quote:
That one always baffled me too. They had everything they needed to solve it, it should have been solved. I strongly believe the mother if not both of them had some strong involvement in it. I was just reading on Yahoo News about a 54 year old murder being solved, so you never know, maybe we'll some day find out what happened.

pips&peeps :

The local Groene killing and kidnapping. I was in the Walmart with my kids the day Joseph Duncan purchased weapons.

Yeah this was one of the more twisted things I read in recent history, there's a picture of him sitting in a court room chair looking at his lawyer with this creepy look in his eye and almost like a twisted half smile on his face. Really disturbing. He got the death penalty.

http://pysih.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/joseph-edward-duncan-iii.jpg

I am very accustomed to people with dementia or mental illness or brain damage, laughing or smiling inappropriately. Also staring at me very fixedly - common with many symptoms including paranoia. People with paranoia tend to stare, no one knows why. I think they are basically being hyper-vigilant, due to being scared that some sort of threat is going to pop up out of nowhere at any time. Generally paranoia is not as disabling as the more disorganized behavior, like constantly laughing and smiling.

That doesn't bother me. After years of that one gets sort of a feeling for what is worth getting alarmed over and what is not.

When I look at that picture of him, I see a person who appears to be extremely tense and on edge - not at all creepy. Just someone who got caught. You have to not put too much weight on how people act in court. Most of them are working very hard to make a certain impression - and some people are hoping to be considered mentally ill. They generally have very idiotic ideas about what mental illness looks like and they may excite the public or journalists, but the doctors basically just very privately laugh at them.

In that photo, he looks like something is the matter with him, but I can't put my finger on what. I'd have to read his history to get an idea what it might be.

Most likely, his lawyer just said to him, 'no, there's not anything I can do about this, just shut up and don't get yourself any additional charges'.

We may think of violent people who commit horrible crimes as 'crazy', simply because they did something horrible.

But a good many violent criminals cannot be diagnosed with any specific mental illness - they may come from a difficult situation, they may have been abused, or have a history of drug or alcohol use, but there is no specific mental illness diagnosis that fits, in a lot of cases. Not all, but many.

They clearly don't have normal judgement, or make decisions in the same way normal people do, or have the same priorities. But they know what is happening, they know they are breaking a law, they know they are killing a real person - there is no psychotic thinking going on.

To me, though, when a non-psychotic person commits a violent crime, they realize what they're doing is wrong. But they still do it.

There are two stories that haunt me, but I don't know their names.

One is another one where the girl was kidnapped from her bedroom while the parents where home. The family had a dog that did not know how to bark. The neighbor had taken her. They found ehr bloody palm print in his camper. Something about the idea that she was fighting for herself enough to be grabbing at stuff while bleeding just ripped my heart out.

The other one was when that carjacker grabbed a car at the supermarket and the mom tried desperately to get the kid out of the back seat. The carjacker drove off dangling the small child out of the door. HE drove along the highway rubbing the side of the car against the guard rail to try to dislodge the body. Passersby managed to stop the car. The police had to save the driver from the crowd. He was later murdered in prison.

At least there was justice in those two cases.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

There are two stories that haunt me, but I don't know their names.

One is another one where the girl was kidnapped from her bedroom while the parents where home. The family had a dog that did not know how to bark. The neighbor had taken her. They found ehr bloody palm print in his camper. Something about the idea that she was fighting for herself enough to be grabbing at stuff while bleeding just ripped my heart out.

The other one was when that carjacker grabbed a car at the supermarket and the mom tried desperately to get the kid out of the back seat. The carjacker drove off dangling the small child out of the door. HE drove along the highway rubbing the side of the car against the guard rail to try to dislodge the body. Passersby managed to stop the car. The police had to save the driver from the crowd. He was later murdered in prison.

At least there was justice in those two cases.

In your kidnapping of the little girl I think that was Danielle VanDamme. I am not familiar with the other one.​

I'm not good with names but the boy who disappeared this past winter in Oregon I believe it was. Have they ever found his body or anything. I haven't heard anything for months. It seems they almost knew it was the stepmom but just couldn't make her crack.

Great subject people.
roll.png

Child abductions are the scariest thing that could ever happen to a child or parent.

What do you think about women that stalk pregnant women and cut them open and steal their baby? That's scary.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom