Which of these breeds lay these eggs?

Vegas chick

Hatching
Oct 28, 2020
Hello! I'm a fairly new chicken owner. I have 10 girls. 2 Australorp, 2 black sex link, 2 barred rocks, 2 RIR and 2 Cinnamon Queens. My sex links and Australorps have been laying for a while and one of my Queens started. My question is, I was getting all brown eggs from the australorps and sex links. But over the last few weeks two of them have been laying white/cream colored eggs. I have been trying to figure out which two have been laying them. I went in their nesting box while one of the Sexlinks were in there, after she got done, but before I could check one of my Australorps went in to lay. When she was done I had a brown egg and a cream egg. I'm just curious to know which would be laying the cream and why it had changed from brown to white/cream? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201020_083153.jpg
    20201020_083153.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 8
Hello! I'm a fairly new chicken owner. I have 10 girls. 2 Australorp, 2 black sex link, 2 barred rocks, 2 RIR and 2 Cinnamon Queens. My sex links and Australorps have been laying for a while and one of my Queens started. My question is, I was getting all brown eggs from the australorps and sex links. But over the last few weeks two of them have been laying white/cream colored eggs. I have been trying to figure out which two have been laying them. I went in their nesting box while one of the Sexlinks were in there, after she got done, but before I could check one of my Australorps went in to lay. When she was done I had a brown egg and a cream egg. I'm just curious to know which would be laying the cream and why it had changed from brown to white/cream? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hm. Which hens have you seen in the act of sitting trying to lay?

Hm. Which hens have you seen in the act of sitting trying to lay?
I know my Queens are laying the dark brown. I've seen them. But everytime I try to catch the australorps or sexlinks there are already eggs under them. So I can't ever figure out which is doing it

Back
Top Bottom