Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite?

Which one?

• Wyandotte

Votes: 38 7.0%
  • Salmon Faverolle

Votes: 35 6.5%
  • Easter Egger

Votes: 75 13.9%
  • Sultan

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Orpington

Votes: 179 33.1%
  • Australope

Votes: 47 8.7%
  • Sussex

Votes: 30 5.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 36 6.7%
  • Cochin

Votes: 65 12.0%
  • Maran

Votes: 30 5.6%

• Total voters
"Stella" (7 months old when pic was taken

"Stella" (6 1/2 months old when pic was taken) our Barred Rock hen is really freindly. As soon as I walk outside she comes running as fast as she can and sits down next to me waiting for her scratch..
smile.png

I just got 10 Cuckoo Marans--they are the sweetest things ever--of course they are babies and I'm told will begin laying in April! But I love walking into the coop and watching them all run to me and I can sit in there with them and they are all over me--I'm sure it's the food I bring them--but who cares--I love spending time with them! I've named them all after old movie stars!

lol i have some that seem to talk back and forth like this too...mine are RIR's...i love all my chickens but the friendliest of mine seem to be the Cochins...one of them comes up to me and lets me pick him up and actually looks at me like he knows what i'm saying to him...he is a sweetheart.

what i should have said are "mine are MOSTLY RIR's" with a couple Cochin roos, some Polish roo's and some new hampshires

I got my shipment of chicks from Cackle hatchery on Feb. 6th. I ordered five each of: buff orpington, speckeled sussex, silver laced wyandottes, and gold laced wyandottes. One of my speckeled sussex chicks was very small and initially, she had balance issues. The buff chicks adopted her as there's. My little speckled (Diva) uses the buffs for cover, diving under them when the other chicks start getting a little rowdy. The buffs herd her into a corner or up against the wall of the brooder, until the others settle down. Then you see this tiny little girl pop up from underneath them.
love.gif

That is hilarious! We just ordered our new chicks, 2 buff orpingtons, after reading your post I feel confident that we got the right breed. We also ordered 2 barred rock and 2 rhode island reds. After everything I have been reading, I am looking forward to the orpingtons. Hopefully they will be compatible with the others.

Omg my golden bo is the best she is so happy. She loves to be held and petted she is my favorite . My bcm are skiddish the rather be left alone and not be bothered. But pumpkin is like a cat she is always at my side

Back
Top Bottom