Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite?

Which one?

• Wyandotte

Votes: 38 7.0%
  • Salmon Faverolle

Votes: 35 6.5%
  • Easter Egger

Votes: 75 13.9%
  • Sultan

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Orpington

Votes: 179 33.1%
  • Australope

Votes: 47 8.7%
  • Sussex

Votes: 30 5.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 36 6.7%
  • Cochin

Votes: 65 12.0%
  • Maran

Votes: 30 5.6%

• Total voters
All our orpingtons are very friendly, And i think bob which is our rooster is the best of them all. These guys will get very big for a chicken but have the best temperament .

For me my Easter Eggers are standoffish. They hate being handled and they were handled a lot after I got them at a few days old. My Rocks are the best! They love to just roost on me and I can just walk up to them in pick them up. I am picking up some Marans today so I hope they are like my Rocks.

Marans are babies my blue copper hen is attention hog. lol im sure you will enjoy them. my black copper roo has to be picked up if he sees anybody n dont get attention he will jump around .

Hi! I am fairly new here-am trying to get rid of a BCM roo born Feb 1 '13, and willing to pay for a black or blue maran hen. I have one blue copper maran and 3 black copper maran hens, one that turned out to be a rooster. I live in a subdivision and he is crowing, etc. can't go on for much longer, even tho' I love him dearly!
I just got them in Feb and am learning, learning, learning!
1f601.png

Hi! I am fairly new here-am trying to get rid of a BCM roo born Feb 1 '13, and willing to pay for a black or blue maran hen. I have one blue copper maran and 3 black copper maran hens, one that turned out to be a rooster. I live in a subdivision and he is crowing, etc. can't go on for much longer, even tho' I love him dearly!
I just got them in Feb and am learning, learning, learning!
1f601.png
You might try the buy/sell/trade section for this, or animals in need of free rehoming.
smile.png
Do you like marans?

My most friendly birds are my buff orpingtons, australorp, and ameracauna or how ever u spell it. (not Easter egger). My sexlinks are a bit off their rocker nice a lot of the time but don't like to be held as much. My polish forget it. Not overly aggressive but not what most would call friendly. I just got silver laced wyandottes that haven't been handled much so we will see how that plays out on friendly birds. You can't go wrong with the orpingtons even our rooster is pretty laid back.

I am new at this and have four 5 week old hens and am expecting three more any time now. my girls are a Delaware, a salmon favorelle, a buff orpington and a black australorpe. My Delaware is like a puppy and greets me first everyday and hops right up onto my shoulder or head. she is always the first to check things out and is clearly the top of the pecking order. My australorpe hops right up on me as well, but she isn't really as friendly as my Delaware and doesn't like to be petted either. My buff orpington likes to be picked up the least and has attached herself to the australorpe. whatever or wherever the australorpe is you can be sure to see the orpington. she will fly up on me but, like the australorpe, not as happy being petted. My sweetest and gentlest is the salmon favorelle, but she runs around like the sky is falling everytime one of the other birds flaps her wings or moves too quickly. My salmon runs to me lots of times like she is hoping I will shoo the others away from her if they are too active. she loves to be petted, but wants to hop on my lap on her own terms rather than me picking her up. They are all sweet and I love them all, but I have a soft spot for my salmon and my Delaware. I thought the orpington was going to be my favorite from all the reading I had done, but she is the most standoffish so far. They are still young and may change. The three I am still expecting are a blue laced red Wyandotte, a lavender orpington and a coronation Sussex. I am a little nervous about the Wyandotte because I have read they can be a little aggressive to other birds and I worry about my girls being hurt. I have loved reading all of your posts, especially the polite orpington traffic jam!! You really can picture them talking like that to each other.

Back
Top Bottom