Which Orp roos to keep

Katy wrote:
Maybe I should just build a giant rooster pen and then I could keep all my extra BLRW and Orp roos!!!!

I did just that! I've got a huge pen with some 25 roos running loose in there and eating me out of house and home. Greed is not easy to overcome.
he.gif

Needless to say, there will have to be some serious culling take place out there in the near future. My goal is to grow them out and then pick and choose what I want to keep. I'm praying that there will be a lot of culls.
fl.gif

I like 5 and 8
smile.png
You can send them here if you like! 4,7, 8 and 9 look a little too brown though.

I like the first splash better body type and looks bigger
#5 has a short back better lacing and correct eye color.
Can you get a better picture of the rooster in pic three. the one in the back looks promising.
I like the black roo in picture six. Could be a little deeper in the chest, but he is still young. I also like the last blue rooster. Not perfect coloring, but should make a good breeder. Try to cull all the roos with the light eyes. I've read several articles on how hard it is to breed out.
Edited to add: like the rooster seond from the bottom.

If I had to keep one #5 would be my choice
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found this post!!..Fooie...Katy you have some nice ones really!!... Let me look over them in the morning and I'll tell you my picks!!!...I do like the first Splash for one of them...#5 and #8...those are my choices...decided to look over them again tonight...so those 3....

Last edited:
Great minds think alike Sandy!! I'd have to say those are my top 3 choices too. I'd like to keep a black, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I wish 8's eyes were the correct color.

Back
Top Bottom