Which tail is longer?

Chikyboy

Bantam Cochin Collector
Oct 14, 2021
Nebraska
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but I have a question, which has a longer tail, a phoenix or a yokohama? I knowit depends what you feed them but I have a breeding project that will include longtails, and I want it too have a tail as long as possible. If I had a choice I would use an onogadori, but those are really hard to find in the states, and when you do find them, they are CRAZY expensive. Thanks in advance! @MysteryChicken @The Moonshiner @nicalandia @RoostersAreAwesome @NatJ

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but I have a question, which has a longer tail, a Phoenix or a Yokohama? I knowit depends what you feed them but I have a breeding project that will include longtails, and I want it too have a tail as long as possible. If I had a choice I would use an Onagadori, but those are really hard to find in the states, and when you do find them, they are CRAZY expensive. Thanks in advance! @MysteryChicken @The Moonshiner @nicalandia @RoostersAreAwesome @NatJ
Phoenix in general have longer tails sometimes as long as most Onagadori because some of them may have recent Onagadori blood in them

Phoenix in general have longer tails sometimes as long as most Onagadori because some of them may have recent Onagadori blood in them
Wow! I know most Longtail chickens have onanogadori blood in them, including Phoenixs, but that's cool that some can have tails that long!

I raise phoenix bantams. Another difference is that Yokohama carry their tail high while Phoenix carry their tail low, like a pheasant. Below is one of my young whites.
ywpr.jpg

I have an old Yokohama hen. My phoenix hens have a much longer tail.
plthw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom