Which to purchase: Tylan 50 or Tylan 200?

You would give the 200 twice a day? That seems excessive, especially with my smaller chickens. Not trying to be argumentative, I just don't want anymore to die. I have a feeling the first one died because of too much medicine.

You would give the 200 twice a day? That seems excessive, especially with my smaller chickens. Not trying to be argumentative, I just don't want anymore to die. I have a feeling the first one died because of too much medicine.
Both Tylan 50 and Tylan 200 should be given at least twice a day when giving it to birds. To give the proper amount means that you should know how much your bird weighs. How much do your birds weigh?

I only have 4 of laying age, so maybe 3 lbs.? The rest are rather small. 9-12 weeks. We realized that we have a too large dosage first time. And we didn't like having to poke them and they didn't like it either. Someone on another site suggested .2 cc's for the smaller ones and .5 for my big girls.

If I were going to use it I would give Tylan 200 @ 0.125 ml per *pound* twice a day. That is based off of what Elanco says the daily dose of their powder should be.

Is Tylan 50 for cows and swine the same as Tylan 50 for chickens? Where can it be purchased on line?
Welcome to BYC! No such thing as Tylan 50 or Tylan 200 for "chickens", it's for cows, but people use it to treat poultry. The only one made for poultry is Tylan Soluble Powder, but it's prescription only.

Back
Top Bottom