Which would fit me the best.

Silkie Chicken

King Silkie
7 Years
Feb 22, 2012
I am going to be getting some ducks next spring and I am wanting a duck that can lay well, very very pretty, and has a great personality, are very tame, which do you think would fit these traits best. I am really wanting mallards because i really like the color of them, and another thing is do ducks have to have water to swim in, and how old do they have to be before i put a little thing of water in for them as chicks?

I have Rouen ducks and I absolutely love them! They are not very vocal compared to Pekins I used to have (I dislike Pekins) and they also lay well. They forage more than swim and they are very friendly. The biggest plus for me was they look like Mallards but can't fly away! ;)

1. They don't need water to swim in but they seem to prefer it.
2. I own Mallards. They are seasonal layers, not the best personality, far from tame.
3. All birds have the potential to become more tame but most grow out of the phase where they want to be near people.

Good! I don't think you will be disappointed. I ordered mine from Murray McMurray hatchery. They were very healthy when they arrived and out of straight run of 8 I ended up with 6 hens and 2 drakes. :)

Can i have some info on how to take care of them...i have looked on google and it will not show.

Back
Top Bottom