"White" Araucana mix?

jolenejellybean

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2015
Upstate NY
I received 10 Araucana chicks from the hatchery today. My experience is that the females have chipmunk stripes and the males are two toned. I wasn't sure about this "white" one. Upon closer inspection, I see it does have chipmunk stripes. They're just very pale. Anybody else see this before? What will the adult look like?

First, let me give you the bad news, you cannot buy Araucanas from a hatchery, even if they sell them under that name. Now the good news, what you have here are Easter Eggers and as such, they can be any color you can imagine. most places sell the darker ones with the stripes. But you have a bunch of beauties here. the lighter color will be spectacular when it grows older and the white one, will end up not being totally white, but will have other shades in it. So you are lucky you will end up with variety and they will all lay pretty color eggs. Good luck with your beauties.

​First, let me give you the bad news, you cannot buy Araucanas from a hatchery, even if they sell them under that name.  Now the good news, what you have here are Easter Eggers and as such...

Yeah? No kidding? Maybe that's why I said Araucana MIX in the first place. I already have these birds. I know what the are and aren't. I just wanted to know what color the white one would be when it was grown. Sheesh...

Last edited:
Yeah? No kidding? Maybe that's why I said Araucana MIX in the first place. I already have these birds. I know what the are and aren't. I just wanted to know what color the white one would be when it was grown. Sheesh...
LOL, I feel ya. Everyone is so quick to call anything with colored eggs easter eggers. I went on and on with a group of them about my blue ameracauna from Meyers, which is actually a blue americauna.....(however it is spelled) I have an easter egger as well. I would be interested in seeing pics as they grow.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom