White Ayam Cemani Chick?¿?

After doing a little research on leucism I’m going to go ahead and agree with you guys completely. Thanks for pointing this out. I guess seeing this from time to time in birds isn’t extremely shocking but with a Cemani maybe that’s why it’s a little more strange. You are expecting to see mainly black but mostly white? It’s pretty wild. I wonder if it’s possible to stableise this trait. I have to assume since it’s genetic that it can be breed in with standard backrossing/incrossing techs. I’ve breed plants for a living for over 10 years but now i may just have a hobby project on the side with this chicken lol. I think it may be worth experimenting with never the less. Curious to where it may take me. But then again I’m also curious to see if another Leucistic bird will even pop up from its offspring?

It has popped up in other Ayam cemani lines as well. I believe some are breeding for it and renaming them. Moonbeam, mosaic and another said in Indonesia Putih (white) cemani.

It has popped up in other Ayam cemani lines as well. I believe some are breeding for it and renaming them. Moonbeam, mosaic and another said in Indonesia Putih (white) cemani.
Mosaic is a different breed.

Those are actually my birds! Crazy to see them posted here :celebrate I had a random white chick pop up when breeding my Cemani similar to OP's story. I decided to hold some back and began breeding for white. The dark skin tends to turn to a grey as they mature and the combs get more red as they get to laying age. May not be everyone's thing but I think they look pretty unique, wish I was able to get a white roo out of it! All the photos below are of the same bird so you can see the progression :D

Last edited:
IMG_20190503_142447102.jpg
IMG_20190503_144700706-2.jpg
IMG_20190503_145305332.jpg
IMG_1803.jpg

This chick is actually a very rare kind of ayam cemani, they are called Putih Ayam Cemani. They are the same thing as an ayam cemani only with white feathers. They are extremely rare. There is also another kind of ayam cemeni that is frizzed, it is called the Walik Ayam Cemani. When the white chick is crossed with blacks, the white will not be diluted and there would be no leakage. They birds would just be split to white. And when two birds split to white are crossed or two white birds are crossed then they can result in more chicks. They are extremely rare and there are virtually none in the US.
Do you have photos or additional sources of information on these other chicken? You are the first person I heard speak of these. I also have a leucistic cemani and several other offspring with white feather lacing, that from further reading indicates to be sharing the leucism genetics.

Do you have photos or additional sources of information on these other chicken? You are the first person I heard speak of these. I also have a leucistic cemani and several other offspring with white feather lacing, that from further reading indicates to be sharing the leucism genetics.
Do you have pictures? Sounds like silver leakage and/or recessive white.

Back
Top Bottom