White barred chicken...?

He came from the egg production coop and we dont have any lavenders what so ever. I’m wondering if he’ll ebd up looking like a regular barred rock. If so then would that make him a dilute barred chicken?
Well with the dominant white being dominant, along with both Extended Black, & Barring also being dominant, the color here is showing all the genes strengths all at once, giving the appearance of Lavender Cuckoo, is just a theory I have. Hopefully it makes sense too.

Yes, pretty much a diluted Barred bird is produced.

Well with the dominant white being dominant, along with both Extended Black, & Barring also being dominant, the color here is showing all the genes strengths all at once, giving the appearance of Lavender Cuckoo, is just a theory I have. Hopefully it makes sense too.

Yes, pretty much a diluted Barred bird is produced.
He’ll be an interesting one

Got genetics on the brain 24/7 my chickens,my quail, my sheep, pretty much all the animals i own . Always an interesting subject to bring up since its so diverse.
I always have chicken genetics on the brain, so you're not alone. Always an interesting subject to bring up, definitely.

Thought I’d give an update. @All4Eggz @RoostersAreAwesome @MysteryChicken @Amer
View attachment 2719591
View attachment 2719592
View attachment 2719593
I think his color is darker than it was before. Idk thoughts?
He came from the egg production coop and we dont have any lavenders what so ever. I’m wondering if he’ll ebd up looking like a regular barred rock. If so then would that make him a dilute barred chicken?
What breeds are his possible parents? I’m wondering if some of his off white coloring is caused by very faint red leakage.

I hatched a White Barred Chick from my Giant Silkie project.

It's very, very faint on my chick.

Note the headspot on the chick, this proves the Barred gene is present.
It would be interesting to breed a line of autosexing white chickens (white with white barring). I'd probably base it on White Jersey Giants, because I've seen in photos that the chicks have fairly dark down, so the headspots should show up nicely. (I thought of it a while ago, but will probably never actually get around to it.)

Back
Top Bottom