White barred chicken...?

Sorry to be late to the "chicken calculator" discussion, but I think the way I usually use it might be helpful to those who are confused by which genes to pick. I go to this version:
http://kippenjungle.nl/chickencalculator.html

Then, to the right of one of the chicken photos (either male or female, it doesn't matter), I click "help, pick color from list". A new tab will open, and then you can choose the color of the rooster and hen you want to work with. Click "to chicken calculator" when you've made your selections, and another tab will open with your selections filled in. Not every single variation is available - for example, for blue wheaten, you need to choose wheaten from the list and then manually adjust the blue gene - but it usually gets me close enough to play with the modifier genes to get the results I want.

Sorry to be late to the "chicken calculator" discussion, but I think the way I usually use it might be helpful to those who are confused by which genes to pick. I go to this version:
http://kippenjungle.nl/chickencalculator.html

Then, to the right of one of the chicken photos (either male or female, it doesn't matter), I click "help, pick color from list". A new tab will open, and then you can choose the color of the rooster and hen you want to work with. Click "to chicken calculator" when you've made your selections, and another tab will open with your selections filled in. Not every single variation is available - for example, for blue wheaten, you need to choose wheaten from the list and then manually adjust the blue gene - but it usually gets me close enough to play with the modifier genes to get the results I want.
I know how to use the Calculator, & I use the Advanced Version.

I don't believe I said that you didn't? There were other posts in this thread asking for tips, and I thought those posters might find my information helpful...
I know, I just wanted to comment on the post.

It's fine, it'll still help them. I might have missed those other posts.

@All4Eggz @RoostersAreAwesome @MysteryChicken @Amer @NatJ @ChickenWhisperer101 This is the last update until I hatch a clutch from them, but, I will be putting noodles(ghost barred) and his half brother espresso (reg. barred) in separate breeding pen with all my white and or barred hens to see if I can get more ghost barred chicks and maybe, start producing them and maybe even try and standardize it into a breed. Atm he is 16 weeks. It’ll be probably a month or so until I put them in the pen since I am going to try and breed a couple more white hens for the pen. Anyways, these are the update photos.
1661B810-3757-4AD1-9CCE-99E02017E38E.jpeg
CEA65DB0-8B7A-4AE9-BA79-0AA195C29C95.jpeg
0DB38F2D-25AA-4C9D-8A8D-E4A78575B020.jpeg
17784D50-91E0-4FE3-901E-5A003F2BD265.jpeg

@All4Eggz @RoostersAreAwesome @MysteryChicken @Amer @NatJ @ChickenWhisperer101 This is the last update until I hatch a clutch from them, but, I will be putting noodles(ghost barred) and his half brother espresso (reg. barred) in separate breeding pen with all my white and or barred hens to see if I can get more ghost barred chicks and maybe, start producing them and maybe even try and standardize it into a breed. Atm he is 16 weeks. It’ll be probably a month or so until I put them in the pen since I am going to try and breed a couple more white hens for the pen. Anyways, these are the update photos. View attachment 2760296View attachment 2760299View attachment 2760301View attachment 2760302
Keep in mind that your black barred rooster (Expresso) won’t be able to have white barred offspring unless he’s bred to a white hen.

@All4Eggz @RoostersAreAwesome @MysteryChicken @Amer @NatJ @ChickenWhisperer101 This is the last update until I hatch a clutch from them, but, I will be putting noodles(ghost barred) and his half brother espresso (reg. barred) in separate breeding pen with all my white and or barred hens to see if I can get more ghost barred chicks and maybe, start producing them and maybe even try and standardize it into a breed. Atm he is 16 weeks. It’ll be probably a month or so until I put them in the pen since I am going to try and breed a couple more white hens for the pen. Anyways, these are the update photos. View attachment 2760296View attachment 2760299View attachment 2760301View attachment 2760302
Ghostbars . . . I like it.

Keep in mind that your black barred rooster (Expresso) won’t be able to have white barred offspring unless he’s bred to a white hen.
I know but the majority are white and idk how ghost barring interacts with white yet. I will be getting a couple more barred and dom. white hens soon however I only have one barred hen so it’s not a huge worry.

Back
Top Bottom