White Brahma Chick?

Brahmabumm

Hatching
Oct 28, 2021
I live in Australia and we do not have all Brahma colours, yet.

I fell in love with the breed so thought I’d try and hatch some.

So far so good. But….

1 purchased 5 dozen eggs (after postage and burst air bubbles I’ve ended up with a bit under 2 dozen).

However, I question my first dozen hatch. They were gold partridge. They all looked like gold babies. But now one is pure white??

Can a genuinely gold x gold Brahma create a white Brahma baby? Or a splash?

The other 3 that hatched with it have clear gold and black markings.

Pics attached. Ignore the spinach. They had food crumbles and water. I was just trying to cater to them fully haha - they had no interest in salads until recently.

Attachments

• 24C9E6F4-5F55-45BB-9B39-3E65BEAEB07F.jpeg
    24C9E6F4-5F55-45BB-9B39-3E65BEAEB07F.jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 429F043C-7D9F-4724-8385-3E05CF1DFFAF.jpeg
    429F043C-7D9F-4724-8385-3E05CF1DFFAF.jpeg
    617.1 KB · Views: 13

So far so good. But….

1 purchased 5 dozen eggs (after postage and burst air bubbles I’ve ended up with a bit under 2 dozen).

However, I question my first dozen hatch. They were gold partridge. They all looked like gold babies. But now one is pure white??

Pics attached. Ignore the spinach. They had food crumbles and water. I was just trying to cater to them fully haha - they had no interest in salads until recently.
I have no experience with this color, but is one sex a different color than the other one once they become a certain age?

So far so good. But….

Looks dominant white.

I agree. I know in the US the common dominant white varieties of Brahmas are lemon pyle and buff laced. Since buff laced were developed here I assume they're not common in Australia and I know pyle Brahmas are more common overseas which is why I threw lemon pyle out there :)
We'll find out. Pyle, & regular dominant white chicks have that reddish blush in their chick down.

Recessive White chicks will have a silvery hue, look sort of bluish on top.

Interesting. So it is possible to have this and it to still be genuine?
She seemed very legitimate with a gold pen and a dark pen.
But also has said that she has had light thrown from her gold pen.
I just wasn’t sure it’s possible.

Back
Top Bottom