white chicken feet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by roadhouseg, Jul 22, 2010.

1. roadhouseg

roadhouseg New Egg

Jul 21, 2010
    I Have 8 Chicks About 8 Weeks Old And All Is Well Except One, It `s Legs And Feet Have Turned White It Seems Ok Except Once In A While She Limps On One Leg But Not All The Time,now One Of My Hens Has White Feet And Legs,they Are Active And Don`t Seen To Be In Any Pain When I Check The Feet And It Does Not Look Like Bumble Feet ,no Blisters Pads Are Soft. I Am Stumpped, Hen Is Almost 1 Year,rh.reds. We Have 1-1/2 Acre For Them The Roam All Fenced,and A Large Hen House With Plenty Of Roost So I Really Dont Understand Whats Going On, Any Answers?also There Are No Scales On There Feets And Legs, And It Is All The Way Up There Shanks

2. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    You could post a picture but chances are they have been mixed with a chicken that naturally has white legs and feet. I know buff orps do, not sure of all the other ones. Lots of chickens grow into their leg color, it becomes more pronounced as they age. I hope that's all it is!

3. roadhouseg

roadhouseg New Egg

Jul 21, 2010
    Well That Would Be Good But Her Shanks And Feet Were Yellow Until A Week Or So Ago

4. Milly1116

Milly1116 New Egg

May 6, 2014
    How is Ur chick now? I'm running into the exact problem. My 7week old chick had yellow feet, but now turned white! My chick seems fine. Please help! I have rode island red hens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by