White chicken with black around eys & beek

astatula

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Astatula
Just thought I would throw this out there. I have a Delaware, about 9 months old, in with 3 other Dels and a Dominique and a couple of Ameraucanas.
This one Delaware has had a increasing black appearence around her eyes and nostrils. No discharge, no smells, no respiratory signs of any kind including sounds.... none.

May or may not be laying eggs, but at her age she definately should be, and the Dels are laying and the Dominique is laying, I just don't know which of them are. They are not an everyday layer, more like 3-4 days each week. The Ameraucana has not started to lay yet, but I can tell the difference between a green and brown egg.

These hens... Dels / Dom / Amer, and one Ameraucana Roo are housed right next to some older hens, older by 3 months, and one Roo, a Barnevelder. The enclosures are separated by 1/4 inch hardware clothe, and I have seen some challenges more recently, but I am unsure about the affect from these arguments.

Just before this started, I did add the Ameraucanas, 1 hen and 1 roo ( 3 months old each), to their coop. The Ameraucans have been living in the same run for 3 months, but just started putting the AM's in with the, 3 Dels and one Dom, a couple of weeks ago.

No other hen or roo from either side of the wire is having th same thing happen to them. On Barnevelder hen, from the other run, has lost some feathers and has been getting pecked at, but nothing out of the ordinary.

So main feature is blackening around eyes and nose, some on the comb and wattles, no bugs seen. Guesses........

hu.gif
wish I could help, but I have no clue????

Back
Top Bottom