White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Ive never heard of hatching embryos before, so I just had to watch a couple videos on the who proceedure and all can say is whooooow!
I don't know about shipping embryos though.
Why wouldn't just ship the eggs and have your tester just take it out of the shell at their place?
Thanks for the insight.
I think he means started eggs.. like baulet

Back in the day when there were pratically no restrictions and what were, were never enforced, my mentor wouod ship embryos in the shell to Puerto Rico and have outstanding hatch rates.

I dunno but want to try it.
The more I read about hatching embryos the more I can see it being a better way of getting better hatch rates for Cornish.
You would know if the egg was fertile or yolk broken as soon you opened the egg.
I would definitely give it a try, would want to get a different incubator like a laboratory culture or reptile one.
Fairview01 I think your onto something here.

I dunno but want to try it.

My wife is from the Philippines balut is when eggs are steamed at different ages of development.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about taking them out of the shell and incubating them.[/QUOTE]

You can buy uncooked partially incubated eggs to cook. A couple of people here have hatched them... like @Kiki

My wife is from the Philippines balut is when eggs are steamed at different ages of development.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about taking them out of the shell and incubating them.

You can buy uncooked partially incubated eggs to cook. A couple of people here have hatched them... like @Kiki[/QUOTE]
Okay, I never heard of that either.
I have a lot to learn on different methods people use.
Sounds good and you would know if they were viable too.

I'm really interested to hear the process and thoughts on shipping started eggs, do please report back :)
I believe eggs that are closer to the end of the incubation period might do better being shipped than eggs closer to the beginning of the incubation..

I did try to hatch balut eggs a few times and was finally successful so I know it can be done.
I'm in Houston,Texas and my eggs came from Dallas, Texas.
I do not believe that my eggs were shipped in a plane though...I believe they were driven in a vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom