White crested black polish Bantam

Sep 22, 2022
Eastern Iowa
They are around 10 weeks now so I took some updated photos of the polish. Someone said if it was a rooster it would start crowing around 6 weeks? But google says crowing can take up to a year. Last time people were leaning towards Rooster, but the pom is still pretty even and online says it should have sharp feathers if its a boy, they don’t look sharp to me, but I dont have another to compare it to since this is my only polish. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2883.jpeg
    IMG_2883.jpeg
    521 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2884.jpeg
    IMG_2884.jpeg
    385.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2893.jpeg
    IMG_2893.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2894.jpeg
    IMG_2894.jpeg
    526.1 KB · Views: 14
yup I’d say pullet.
Thanks for the response. I have never had a polish before and didn’t realize how hard it was to sex the little beasts 🤣 5 weeks ago everyone said Roo, but I crossed my fingers cause I can’t have a roo and she is so sweet. I am thinking since no waddle has come in that we should be safe.

I hope so, everyone said Roo 5 weeks ago 😁 Also no waddle and I saw pictures of 12 week polish and it had waddles. This girl is 10 weeks and 1 day so I think if it was a roo the waddles would have come in by now.
I don't see any bright red on the comb either. The wattles would be fairly obvious at 10 weeks on a cockerel, especially this variety.

I don't see any bright red on the comb either. The wattles would be fairly obvious at 10 weeks on a cockerel, especially this variety.
I had nonidea when i picked her up that polish were so notoriously hard to sex. She gave me paise because I got 3 other Bantams when I got her and they were so much smaller. I’m glad she seems to be a she still 😁

Back
Top Bottom