White-crested black polish

travelerGirl

Hatching
Jul 29, 2023
Good morning fellow chicken ladies,
I am Very New to having chickens in my backyard and came across this gem of a site that has already answered some of my questions without even having to ask all of you, I have not found this one though. I have a white crested black polish that is right at 2 months old, and I do love her (I can't believe I love a chicken but I do) I haven't seen her eyes since she was about 2 weeks old. Recently she has been standing still as if she can't see at all unless something is directly underneath her am I supposed to trim back her head feathers near her eyes so she can see better or is this something they adapt to? I have asked Google this question but I can't seem to find an answer. ANY input would be so appreciated as I am only 2 months old when it comes to chicken raising.
Thank you for reading my post!

Attachments

• IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 17
Good morning fellow chicken ladies,
I am Very New to having chickens in my backyard and came across this gem of a site that has already answered some of my questions without even having to ask all of you, I have not found this one though. I have a white crested black polish that is right at 2 months old, and I do love her (I can't believe I love a chicken but I do) I haven't seen her eyes since she was about 2 weeks old. Recently she has been standing still as if she can't see at all unless something is directly underneath her am I supposed to trim back her head feathers near her eyes so she can see better or is this something they adapt to? I have asked Google this question but I can't seem to find an answer. ANY input would be so appreciated as I am only 2 months old when it comes to chicken raising.
Thank you for reading my post!
Welcome to the wonderful world of chickens! This is an amazing group of people. I lurked this site for years, getting answers for all my bird questions, until I finally joined a little while ago. Maybe a year? Time flies when you're having fun! Anyway, this group is a fantastic resource.
As for your Polish girl, some keepers will trim the feathers around the eyes, or even use "baby" hair band to put the feathers in ponytails. Bowie, my Polish cockrell's crazy mane is going to end up in pigtails. 😆 I just have to remember to get the little, soft, hair bands next time I'm at the store.

Back
Top Bottom