White crested polish baby headshaking

Asears89

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2023
I just brought home two chicks one is a white crested polish and the other is a black austrolarp. The black one is fine but the white crested one is having head shaking almost nonstop. It’s worse when she is trying to sleep but still happens when she isn’t trying to sleep. She hasn’t eaten yet or drank but otherwise seems fine but we have had terrible luck with chicken babies and even an almost year old hen. So I’m freaking out

What is your bedding in the brooder?
Pine bedding and cork I think. I need to get some as the one I’m using now is
The one that came with the chickens from the farm didn’t realize I was out of the bedding before the chickens were ready

Pine bedding and cork I think. I need to get some as the one I’m using now is
The one that came with the chickens from the farm didn’t realize I was out of the bedding before the chickens were ready
Do you think my chicken is fine? She has eaten and drank and is actin normal otherwise it’s just the shaking of the head

@Tonyroo is probably right that something's getting to that chick. I'd also be giving them both some Nutra Drench or Poultry Cell water and electrolytes if you have any to help them deal with the stress. My own hatched chicks I don't give anything much to besides their feed, but when I've brought any home, I always do.

Back
Top Bottom