White crested black silkie project questions?

Jubilee and 5 generations in the mottling and proper crest color still isn't all there.
Whats proper and what is not as in SOP is of really no concern to genetics, as long as the gene is there in the first place. Working towards the SOP is another subjective matter that I leave to breeders to work with, I am sure that the cuckoo pattern in a BR to a Barred Rock Breeder would distress them but the barring is there none the less.

I have seen plenty of WC Polish with partial white crests or not fully white or just bad quality, but that is the goal of any breeder, to work towards the standard. But that does not mean that the WC gene is not there it just need to be bred for its full expression as with many patterns

Whats proper and what is not as in SOP is of really no concern to genetics, as long as the gene is there in the first place. Working towards the SOP is another subjective matter that I leave to breeders to work with, I am sure that the cuckoo pattern to a Barred rock Breeder would distress any breeder but the barring is there none the less
It's not about the SOP. They're not even close, anyway.
Their pattern is all off. They've got some wrong genes in there. It's a black laced red mottled look.
What I find interesting is that their crests have mottling, but the crests of every bird is primarily a black mottled look with a little red leakage that isn't significant enough to count as the base for lacing.
In summary, their crests are a different color than their bodies.

So then, if the bird is clearly mottled and the crests remain black mottled but the body is black laced red mottled then what does that tell us about the relation of the mottling gene and white crested black or black crested white?

It's not about the SOP. They're not even close, anyway.
Their pattern is all off. They've got some wrong genes in there. It's a black laced red mottled look.
What I find interesting is that their crests have mottling, but the crests of every bird is primarily a black mottled look with a little red leakage that isn't significant enough to count as the base for lacing.
In summary, their crests are a different color than their bodies.

So then, if the bird is clearly mottled and the crests remain black mottled but the body is black laced red mottled then what does that tell us about the relation of the mottling gene and white crested black or black crested white?
Let me check on that and I will tell you later today or tomorrow

I´ve research both Tolbunt and Jubilee color patterns, but the Tolbunt lack a white creast right? They are supposed to be mottled and black laced combined right? Any type of lacing or lack of lacing on their crest is due to the lacing genes(Pg, Ml, Co, Db) it has nothing to do with mottling on the creast or the white crest gene. Can you please elaborate on your question?

I´ve research both Tolbunt and Jubilee color patterns, but the Tolbunt lack a white creast right? They are supposed to be mottled and black laced combined right? Any type of lacing or lack of lacing on their crest is due to the lacing genes(Pg, Ml, Co, Db) it has nothing to do with mottling on the creast or the white crest gene. Can you please elaborate on your question?
I think you answered my question.
I was just curious if the mottling made the crest black. Seems it's the pattern gene.

So as long as i have the pattern in the beginning i can breed it back in over time by selectivly interbreeding them to each other.

Back
Top Bottom