White crested duck incubation day 27 help please...

I feel like i should have assisted. He was completely developed and looked great. His yolk was almost completely absorbed. It was the size of a gumball. There was a small blob like jelly in there. Its been in all my eggs. Is that little blob of stuff normal?

Aww, so sorry you lost another one. :(

They do usually have a little blob of snot-looking stuff in the bottom of the egg after they hatch.

Ya im super bummed about it.
1f625.png
thank you for letting me know about the snot-like blob. Im wondering if maybe my shells are too tough for them to get through?? I dont know. I bought the two crested parents together as adults. I have no idea if they may be inbred? If that could make an impact on the shells?
My next egg goes into lockdown tomorrow, so im trying to stay hopeful. Ill keep updating on that one as well.
I hope that at least anyone reading this thread will at least get some knowledge out of it, what to do and not do and different conditions.
Hopefully by the end of this thread ill have at least one successful hatch.

Aww, so sorry you lost another one. :(

They do usually have a little blob of snot-looking stuff in the bottom of the egg after they hatch.

Btw Orca, your avitar drives me wild every time you post, lol!
Are runner ducks just as difficult to hatch as cresteds? Anyone know?

Btw Orca, your avitar drives me wild every time you post, lol!
Are runner ducks just as difficult to hatch as cresteds? Anyone know?

lol! Aww, thanks! That's my girl, Nutmeg. She's all grown up now, but still a big snuggler. ^-^

Pretty sure your problem is that they are Cresteds, period. I wouldn't let all this discourage you from trying to hatch out other breeds. Cresteds have alot of genetic problems, one being that alot of them die before hatching or hatch out with neurological problems and die later on. If you have access to some Runner eggs I would try to hatch out some of those instead for sure. ;)

Still no change. So we are on day 3 since the internal pip. However he has had the safety hole for 36+ hours. So he is getting oxygen. His hatch date should be friday. I know it takes forever to hatch, but shouldnt i at least have an external pip by now? I feel like he should have gotten somewhere by now with all that tapping in the same spot, no?

Be patient, his safe hole was to early so we have to wait.

I feel like i should have assisted. He was completely developed and looked great. His yolk was almost completely absorbed. It was the size of a gumball. There was a small blob like jelly in there. Its been in all my eggs. Is that little blob of stuff normal?

Nope sounds like a sticky spot, need a pic to confirm

Back
Top Bottom