White crested duck incubation day 27 help please...

Ya im super bummed about it.
1f625.png
thank you for letting me know about the snot-like blob. Im wondering if maybe my shells are too tough for them to get through?? I dont know. I bought the two crested parents together as adults. I have no idea if they may be inbred? If that could make an impact on the shells?
My next egg goes into lockdown tomorrow, so im trying to stay hopeful. Ill keep updating on that one as well.
I hope that at least anyone reading this thread will at least get some knowledge out of it, what to do and not do and different conditions.
Hopefully by the end of this thread ill have at least one successful hatch.

Crested are a little tricky to hatch, it's not the shell or you.. If he wasn't completely absorbed, he wasn't ready something was stopping him.

Ya im super bummed about it.
1f625.png
thank you for letting me know about the snot-like blob. Im wondering if maybe my shells are too tough for them to get through?? I dont know. I bought the two crested parents together as adults. I have no idea if they may be inbred? If that could make an impact on the shells?
My next egg goes into lockdown tomorrow, so im trying to stay hopeful. Ill keep updating on that one as well.
I hope that at least anyone reading this thread will at least get some knowledge out of it, what to do and not do and different conditions.
Hopefully by the end of this thread ill have at least one successful hatch.

OK, try to avoid making the safe hole so early, second, give me a pic before lockdown. Your last picture, you can see the guy was sticky. It's been kind of an issue. so maybe we can catch it early and clean him out to help him absorb faster. Sorry, I haven't been on, my cat broke my laptop, it's in getting fixed and I haven't gotten any notifications lately.

lol! Aww, thanks! That's my girl, Nutmeg. She's all grown up now, but still a big snuggler. ^-^

Pretty sure your problem is that they are Cresteds, period. I wouldn't let all this discourage you from trying to hatch out other breeds. Cresteds have alot of genetic problems, one being that alot of them die before hatching or hatch out with neurological problems and die later on. If you have access to some Runner eggs I would try to hatch out some of those instead for sure. ;)

YES, AGREE, about the CRESTED... YES, agree Crested do have a lot of genetic problems. Yes, sometimes the Crested part of there heads don't develop correctly causing early deaths.

Im just going to ask, im sure others may have the same question.....the yellow in there, is that not the yolk that will get absorbed? Im sorry, im just really confused. I thought the yellow just gradually gets smaller as the duckling grows in the egg and it gets closer to hatch.
So since he isnt due until Tuesday, you mean this yellow should be gone already?

Back
Top Bottom