White Crested Polish Bantam...

Sep 26, 2019
Western Pennsylvania
92B087C7-4844-42E2-ABEE-0175F25E731A.jpeg
Just got a white crested polish bantam today, about a day old or so, and she’s making me nervous. She doesn’t like to walk or sit. She just stands in one place awkwardly. And when she does walk it’s very drunkenly and she falls over a lot. I’m worried the 8 other little tikes will trample her, since she’s acting so weak. Does this happen to polish bantams or could she be ill?

Go to a feed store and get Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell vitamins with electrolytes, and give her a couple of drops, up to 1 ml daily (1/5 of a tsp.) Then offer her water, and dip her beak for a second,mletting her swallow. Do this every hour or so. Do you have heat on the chicks? Some chicks can suffer shipping stress, get too cold, or suffer some dehydration. Look at her bottom for stuck poo and clean it off if necessary. Watch for any others becoming weak, and the vitamins with electrolytes would be good for them as well.

Go to a feed store and get Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell vitamins with electrolytes, and give her a couple of drops, up to 1 ml daily (1/5 of a tsp.) Then offer her water, and dip her beak for a second,mletting her swallow. Do this every hour or so. Do you have heat on the chicks? Some chicks can suffer shipping stress, get too cold, or suffer some dehydration. Look at her bottom for stuck poo and clean it off if necessary. Watch for any others becoming weak, and the vitamins with electrolytes would be good for them as well.
I gave her some about 20 minutes ago now. Had to sorta force her to drink. And she’s doing that weird thing with her mouth that other wild baby birds do where they tilt their head back and open wide, but she’s doing it whenever I’m not giving her something. Does that mean “I want more?” Shes also shaking on and off whereas the other chicks aren’t and she’s directly under a heat lamp. I’m really worried about her

Chicks will drink if you dip their beaks into water for just a half second, and then let them swallow, then repeat. All you can do is to try to get her drinking as often as possible for the next few hours, show her food—crumbles, egg yolk, wet feed, keep her warm and hope for the best. The open beak may be gasping, and the shaking doesn’ t sound good. I really hope she improves.

Ok she has to be able to get under the heat and have a place to get out from the direct heat
Give her drops of fluid every so often and then hope for the best . I’ve saved many a baby polish , but I’ve also lost a few and this is common the wobbling falling asleep to much like they have narcolepsy , shaking
They need to be in a small brooder and kept in there and her temp should be like 99 degrees at this age
Good luck

Ok she has to be able to get under the heat and have a place to get out from the direct heat
Give her drops of fluid every so often and then hope for the best . I’ve saved many a baby polish , but I’ve also lost a few and this is common the wobbling falling asleep to much like they have narcolepsy , shaking
They need to be in a small brooder and kept in there and her temp should be like 99 degrees at this age
Good luck
That’s what she’s doing, falling asleep a lot and wobbling and I took a picture of her just now
5676B0D2-7B1B-4AFE-B7F2-9BBE8B354CD5.jpeg

Chicks will drink if you dip their beaks into water for just a half second, and then let them swallow, then repeat. All you can do is to try to get her drinking as often as possible for the next few hours, show her food—crumbles, egg yolk, wet feed, keep her warm and hope for the best. The open beak may be gasping, and the shaking doesn’ t sound good. I really hope she improves.
I didn’t think of egg!!! Thank you- will Go make now!

I agree with above poster
Just give her little bits of water or sugar water and what food you can and keep her in the warmer she may come out of it or you may lose her
I’m so sorry but it’s just chicken math . It sucks but these things are fragile sometimes

Back
Top Bottom