White Crested Polish Cross Breeding

Which hen to I breed with my White Crested Polish?

• White Leghorn

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Buff Orpington

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Black Laced Wyndotte

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Ameraucana

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Golden Sexlink

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
I'm hoping that my grandson's white crested polish bred one of their brown leghorns. I have a white egg and a chick moving around in it. Tomorrow is the day and hopefully in the next 2 or 3 days I have some chicks. I have only seen one chick moving but the other eggs look fertile and full so maybe I'm just not seeing them move. I did a batch before and didn't see any move and ended up with 3. I saw a pullet or cockerel that was from a WCP and a WL and it was real cute and funny looking. I'm hoping I get one like that but will be happy with a healthy chick.

I have 5 cochin eggs pipped and anxiously waiting for their hatch!
The hen is a golden lace Cochin + Golden lace Rooster!!! I am so excited to see what we get!!

The eggs are from her first week of laying. So possibly can be either of the silver laced roo or the golden lace. The silver lace has been moved to a seperate cage so we will see......

I'm doing the same cross of Polish x Easter Egger (Ameraucana). I have about six or seven of them from this years breedings.
The oldest are 21 weeks (Thursday), the roosters have just started crowing.
My next move will be to take a half Polish/ EE rooster and put over Polish/EE crosses, Polish and Easter Eggers. This will be next spring. I've just got to decide on which rooster to use.

Good luck in your decision on which to cross

Could you update what the polish/EE chicks looked like?

Back
Top Bottom