White Easter Egger? Or unknown breed?

AccioSarah

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2010
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hello all! I recently received 6 lovely chicks from My Pet Chicken. We ordered three Buff Orpingtons, and Three Easter Eggers. Here is a picture of all six of them.

55040_dscf3635.jpg

We have been VERY confused by one chick though. One that my youngest sister has named "Lemon."
Because of Lemon's light color, we had all assumed that we were given a fourth Buff Orpington, and only two Easter Eggers. Lemon has always had fluffy cheeks though.
As she has gotten older (they are now 2 weeks old), she definitely doesn't look like the other buff orpingtons. For one, she is much larger than the other Buffs... the same size as the Eggers. The only reason I don't think she's an Easter Egger is because her feet are not the typical olive green, and are instead closer to the leg colors of the buffs, but a little darker. (and her comb seems different than a typical easter egger)

Here are all of the photos I took of Lemon so you can get a good look at her. Is she an Easter Egger? Is it possible for them to be white? Or is she some other breed, or a sickly/weird buff orpington?

A comparison of Lemon with one of the Easter Eggers
55040_dscf3684.jpg

Lemon's Fluffy Cheeks
55040_dscf3632.jpg

Lemon's Side
55040_dscf3677.jpg

Lemon's Feet
55040_dscf3678.jpg

Lemon's Comb
55040_dscf3679.jpg

Lemon's Back
55040_dscf3680.jpg

Lemon
55040_dscf3681.jpg

I had a GORGEOUS white EE that I got from the local feed store. Not bad for a $2 chicken.

When we moved out here, I got rid of my white chickens (easier for hawks to spot from the sky) so I rehomed her to a fellow BYCer who renamed her Snow and spoils her rotten.

I know that an Easter Egger's legs are supposed to be darker. We have two brown EE's in the brooder too and they have typical greenish legs.
But could "Lemon" be a white Easter Egger with her lighter legs?

Yep, she's an EE. A bet she'll grow up to be gorgeous! I've always wanted a white one
smile.png

Since an EE is not a breed of chicken, but a mix with (usually) a blue egg gene, they can come in any color. Yours seems to have the puffy cheeks and pea comb which most EEs have.

Fantastic!!! I was really hoping she would turn out to be an Easter Egger... I wonder if her pale legs means she'll lay light eggs? I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom