1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by GAchick, Jun 3, 2009.

1. GAchick

GAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Pembroke GA
    I have 8 five week old chicks that were sold to me as Ameracaunas(Easter Eggers). All beautiful shades of gold and brown, except for one little gal (guy?) (S)he is all white. Definately has the green legs, though. How weird is that??

2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Not wierd at all. I have a white EE and also a white roo Ameraucana.
    They're the coolest...I hope yours is a pullet! My EE turns out to be a cockeral.

3. verlaj

verlaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Micanopy, Florida
    I have one that is nearly white.
    The one in the middle here:
    [​IMG]
    And in the foreground in the middle here:
    [​IMG]

4. amamaofmany

amamaofmany Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    west virginia
    We also got fooled by a white one! We had a box of mixed chicks from Ideal, and I couldn't find the second EE in my order. I thought the chick filling in with white feathers was a male brown or red sex link send by mistake. I kept waiting for a big red comb and wattles to develop.

I took her out when she was about 5 weeks to take her picture to see if anyone here could tell me what kind of bird she really was, and it was only when I got her out from under the red light bulb in the brooder and downloaded the pictures into my computer that I noticed her legs were green! [​IMG]

Mystery is her name, although she's no mystery any more!

5. GAchick

GAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Pembroke GA
    [​IMG]Let's see if this worked. My first attempt to upload a picture. Here's my girl.... (I hope anyway...)

6. Ferngully

Ferngully Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    N.E. Florida
    Not weird at all. We have one named Winter who started laying olive eggs yesterday. When we got more chicks we purposely looked for another white one so she would have a buddy.

7. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Here you go. [​IMG] This is my white Ameraucana RueRoo.

[​IMG]

8. france

france Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    North East
    I received 6 EE's from MPC. 3 were brown but with none of chipmunk stripes that I was expecting. 3 were a cream color which totally threw me since all I ever saw on here, well that registered in my brain, were EE's that started out a brown chipmunk stripe color. Even the ones I saw at the feed store looked like a box of chipmunks. I was actually kind of excited to get the lighter ones. To be honest I only bought three EE's for the egg color, I never liked their looks much (I received 6 by accident). But I do like the looks of the cream ones. White would be really cool too.

Below are the 3 cream color ones and 1 brown at about 3 weeks on their first scary trip outside. They are 4 weeks now and have the same coloring as verlaj's EE's head but all over their body. Kind of a white & buff mix of feathers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MtnAngel

MtnAngel Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2009
    Dahlonega, Georgia
    [​IMG]

A few of my 3 week old EE's.... should lay green eggs! All their legs looked silver to me...

10. hookedonchickens

hookedonchickens Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG]This is my White EE:)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by