White Embden Geese Questions picture added

DUccleDude

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Cameron Mills, NY
I just got three White Embden Goslings, they are 10 days old, I was just wondering if there is a way of telling if they are male or female. Also these are my first geese, so what age will they start laying. Thanks
love.gif

Last edited:
Vent sexing
smile.png

As a beginner you'll end up knowing 100% you have a male (they already have the boy bits when you check), or maybe a female (if you can't get the bits to protrude then you're either not doing something right or it's a female).

How long does that work for? I got a clutch of Embden goslings that were a week old and some almost looked like Pomeranians since their markings were so dark (identical to the last picture of an Embden gosling on the Feather Site page). I was really hopeful that they'd be females, but a couple of them are very definitely little boys. I read somewhere that you can sex Embdens by down color a day after they hatch, but after that it isn't as reliable.

Quote:
For about the first 14 days what she said. After that, you have to vent sex or wait for them to grow to adults.

The ones who lay the eggs are the geese.

Back
Top Bottom