JonathanHeno

Chirping
Jun 1, 2022
Hello everyone! Long time since I've posted but I have a question for anyone that might know what's going on with an eye of one of my white embden geese.

I noticed a couple months ago something was up with his (Guardy)'s eye but I don't know what. It doesn't seem to impair him at all but it's hard to get a good picture. I took this one tonight. Does it look like it's been cut and is healing? I'm just hoping for some info or ideas or possible remedies.

Pictures below. (2 of the bad eye and one of his good eye.)

Thank you and have a blessed day!

Attachments

• 20231114_182609.jpg
    20231114_182609.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20231114_182607.jpg
    20231114_182607.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231114_182645.jpg
    20231114_182645.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 11
Hello everyone! Long time since I've posted but I have a question for anyone that might know what's going on with an eye of one of my white embden geese.

I noticed a couple months ago something was up with his (Guardy)'s eye but I don't know what. It doesn't seem to impair him at all but it's hard to get a good picture. I took this one tonight. Does it look like it's been cut and is healing? I'm just hoping for some info or ideas or possible remedies.

Pictures below. (2 of the bad eye and one of his good eye.)

Thank you and have a blessed day!
I believe that is a scratch or scrape of some kind, but hard to tell. Give us some more info about what you saw a couple months ago and about this birds background and habitat etc

I believe that is a scratch or scrape of some kind, but hard to tell. Give us some more info about what you saw a couple months ago and about this birds background and habitat etc
What I saw a month ago was the same thing. Maybe not as white back then though. Definitely different though. I thought something was on his eye when I first discovered it so I was seeing if it was something that could be removed but noticed when I got closer that it was actually within his eye.

He's in a fenced in half acre with another white embden, a few ducks and chickens. I'm wondering if him and a rooster got into it.

They're usually pretty good about leaving each other alone though. Guardy is the alpha of our flock.

Looks like scar tissue to me. There’s a possibility it could be removed by an experienced exotics vet, otherwise it could be there to stay. It will impair his vision in that eye but beyond that it shouldn’t be an issue. If the scar tissue starts spreading id get it looked at by a vet because at that point something strange is going on.

looks like trauma that is healing. hopefully he will still have good vision in that eye but if not at least he has the other eye. i have a duck that had eye trauma, which went through several stages, many of which were much worse than your goose has, and has now healed to a gray blind eye.

Looks like scar tissue to me. There’s a possibility it could be removed by an experienced exotics vet, otherwise it could be there to stay. It will impair his vision in that eye but beyond that it shouldn’t be an issue. If the scar tissue starts spreading id get it looked at by a vet because at that point something strange is going on.
Thank you for your input. It does look strange but he gets around the years fine and talks back and forth with me like we used to so nothing has really changed that I notice other than the look of it. 😁

looks like trauma that is healing. hopefully he will still have good vision in that eye but if not at least he has the other eye. i have a duck that had eye trauma, which went through several stages, many of which were much worse than your goose has, and has now healed to a gray blind eye.
They're so resilient! I love how animals carry on with things like this. I hope it doesn't make him blind in that eye but he'll still guard the flock either way 😁.

Sorry to hear about your duck. How did he/she get the eye trauma?

They're so resilient! I love how animals carry on with things like this. I hope it doesn't make him blind in that eye but he'll still guard the flock either way 😁.

Sorry to hear about your duck. How did he/she get the eye trauma?
I was treating her with terramycin ointment for bubbly eye and I think I used too much and her eye was clouded with the terramycin and she probably walked into something like a stick. I didnt see it happen but the vet I took her to called it trauma.

Back
Top Bottom