White eye genetics

Pics
If I put an India blue hen with one of the India blue split silver pied peacocks what would the offspring be?
so split silver pied is just split pied and split white eyed together, right?

if so, my understanding is

the Male can give either normal/normal, normal/white eyed, pied/normal or pied/white eyed to the offspring

the Female can only give normal/normal

so you will end up with
1/4 regular india blue
1/4 split to white eye
1/4 split to pied
1/4 split to silver pied

is that right?

but now I'm seeing that silver pied isnt just white eyed pied

there's white involved as well

looking at it again again, I definitely have no idea what I'm talking about lmao
When it comes to WE and SP no one can say with authority. There will be some, 25% or more that will carry no WE or SP, and the rest will be split to either WE, Pied, or SP. WE and SP do not breed true so I will only say that you will get a mix that will look the normal wild pattern and the rest will have some white throat patches and flights and white secondaries. And perhaps some with an overall silvering of the body color. You won't know which they are until they are old enough to test breed.

When it comes to WE and SP no one can say with authority. There will be some, 25% or more that will carry no WE or SP, and the rest will be split to either WE, Pied, or SP. WE and SP do not breed true so I will only say that you will get a mix that will look the normal wild pattern and the rest will have some white throat patches and flights and white secondaries. And perhaps some with an overall silvering of the body color. You won't know which they are until they are old enough to test breed.
Thanks. That’s kinda what I thought, but wasn’t sure

There is a notion of 'color eraser'.
Either it is the silver pied gene that has this ... or it is the interaction between genes white - silver pied and white eyes!
In the matings with only one SP partner and there are a lot of very white peachicks!

Back
Top Bottom