White eye genetics

What would the rest be?
All of the chicks would be split Bronze color. The parents have four different white genes, White, Pied, White Eye, and Silver Pied. WE and SP are not fully understood but I know that neither WE or SP breeds true, sometimes the gene does not pass on to the offspring. Dark Pieds carry two copies of the Pied gene yet some will not have any white feathers at all. Your parring should produce WE, split WE, split Pied, split SP, split White, and maybe White.

oh! I hadn't noticed that!
Yeah, about that.... 🙄

IMG_2079 (2).JPG

there's some green up in there
but idk if it's enough
also look more white feathers hiding underneath
20210219_122645.jpg
20210219_121451.jpg
20210219_121438.jpg

It means that blanket statements like that are hard to back up. While it is true that WE and SP will silver the overall appearance some more than others it does not remove the iridescent green as shown in the pics of your bird and mine.
oh yeah I definitely know that there's a huge margin of error here. simple genetics are easy... but real genetics are rarely simple.

A person needs to understand punett squares but I think you would get about 12% White, 12% split White, 25% SP, 25% split SP, 12% WE, and12% Dark Pied. And the Split Pied and Split White will be identical so you would have to test breed to find out which they are. The split SP will look like the two cocks I posted above. Dark Pied can, but don't have to, have white on them or could look like a split to White or split to Pied. The difference between a Dark Pied and Split Pied is a Dark Pied carries two Pied genes and a split Pied only has one Pied gene. A true Pied has one Pied and one White gene.
If I put an India blue hen with one of the India blue split silver pied peacocks what would the offspring be?

Back
Top Bottom